Chapter 3

Kozume.

Tokyo was so vapid when Kenma stepped out of the taxi. It was dull and the air was dry. Yet, something was noticeably different- atleast in his perspective.

Though the air was dry, it felt a bit more breathable.

He touched his neck unconciously feeling no metal chains around it.

Tokyo provided him freedom, at least.

Kenma sighed as he grabbed a piece of paper from his backpocket and scanned it.

"Kenma Kozume?" A girl, clad in a black outfit, something close to what a person will wear before some kind of sports match. "I'm Yachi Hitoka."

Kenma bowed in acknowledgement as he walked towards the lady.

"My mom sent me to give you the keys." She smiled politely as she gave the key. "Your apartment is on the third floor, seventh door on the right. A good view like you requested."

Kenma only nodded refusing to speak.

"The curfew is eleven pm but uh, if you ever get past that, you can always use the backdoor- just don't tell my mom." Yachi chuckled. "I'll be off now. If you need anything, just knock on that door." She pointed towards large mahogany double doors behind the reception counter before she bowed and walked out.

Kenma rubbed his eyes tiredly, pursed his lips and headed to the elevator. He pressed the third floor and sighed for the hundredth time.

That Yachi Hitoka was too kind to live in a world like this.

Kenma thought to himself as the elevator door closed.

When Kenma opened his room, he was glad that the furniture he sent was already set up. The bed was there and the covers were made as well and there was a blue sticky note pasted on the bed frame.

I've set the furnitures up already.
I hope you don't mind.

- Yachi

Oh Kenma didn't mind at all because god, summer would probably end and these things wouldn't probably be set up still.

He shrugged his bags off and launched himself on the bed, not bothering to change his clothes.

Fatigue was consuming too much of him.