Chapter 13

Kozume.

He was trying to avoid it for as long as he can but it was a casualty that was unavoidable. Kenma was running out of groceries and sooner or later, he knew he had to go shopping.

He didn't plan on stepping outside at all this week- at least, not without Kuroo
Stepping out seemed like so much work and it was very unappealing for Kenma.

Groaning, he stood up from his bed and headed out his room to grab a juice box from the fridge only to find nothing, not even a single one.

It hasn't even been long when he saw his best friend and all of a sudden, he was so dependent on him again.

These past few years, he made himself used to doing everything alone because he had no one left anymore.

It was as though life was so thirsty to the point that it was willing to drain Kenma of everything he had burying the reality of a pointless life into his mind.

Maybe it was the fear of losing someone again? He was afraid that he would lose Kuroo within the little time that Kenma made for himself- he would lose someone he had earned back within a short time.

Kenma was clueless as to why he cared and he knew he shouldn't.

Caring was an attachment and it was straying him off from the thing he had wanted the most. The escape that he craves for so desperately.

"Fucking stomach that always gets hungry." Kenma muttered under his breath as he put his shoes on and made sure that he had his wallet with him before he went out and ventured his way to the grocery store.

He had made a mental list of what he needed to buy.

Instant ramen.

Apple juice.

Instant ramen.

More instant ramen.

The basket that he carried was 79% instant ramen, basically and he was just about to head to the cashier until he saw a familiar figure with a bed hair that looked messier than usual.

Kenma didn't have second thoughts and approached Kuroo with a soft poke.

"Kenma." Kuroo spoke but Kenma noticed something different.

It was as though Kuroo didn't even want to see him and that surprised Kenma.

"A-are you okay?" Kenma asked hesitantly making Kuroo sigh.

"I'm fine. Is there something you need?"

"Um, what?" Kenma frowned as he stepped back a little

"Kenma, look. I gotta go. If you don't need anything, then I'm going." Kuroo gritted his teeth as he practically glared down Kenma before turning around, his grip tightening around a rectangular object- something that Kenma guessed was a pack of cigarettes.

He didn't understand why he felt his heart drop.

It felt the same.

Kenma could feel the same tears build up his eyes as he watched him walk away without looking back.

Walking away without any second thoughts.

He was still the same.

-

I already finished writing the book omy