Chapter 16

"Kuroo?" Yaku knocked at the door gently as he twisted the knob open to find the said man passed out on his desk.

Dozens of papers were scattered along the floor and several mugs that once contained strong coffee proved that he was forcing himself to stay awake.

Having heard of the sound, the called man slowly opened his eyes as he glanced around to find his flatmate standing on his doorway holding a plate of what seemed like a sandwich.

Kuroo still felt incredibly drowsy.

"Hey." He managed to mutter through his dried throat and it caused him to wince.

"I made you chicken sandwich. I hope you eat it." Yaku sighed and went to put it beside Kuroo along with a glass of water before putting a hand over his shoulder.

"I'm going out with Lev to do some grocery shopping." The smaller man informed him and Kuroo only nodded before moving the plate slightly to rest his head at the surface.

Defeaning silence enveloped the whole apartment and it took Kuroo a few minutes before he stood up.

He needed fresh air and he couldn't believe it that he was finally going out after what seemed like eternity? He didn't know anymore. He lost count of the days, hours, or weeks he spent inside his home, not leaving.

He felt absolutely dead as he hoisted himself up from his office chair. It was as if he was only dragging himself and he felt like his bones could possibly give out anytime.

Putting a hoodie on looked as though he only went to hung it back on the rack. He was thin, practically to his bones.

He quickly chomped down the sandwich that Yaku made before drinking the water all the way until there was nothing left.

He left his room as it was before he slipped on his shoes

It was past 7 in the evening and the air was colder in the night so it was a perfect time to walk around the boardwalk.

It wasn't crowded and there was practically no one there- Kuroo enjoyed the solitary.

Occasionally, he would come across a few people but other than that, it was just him.

Its been so long since he felt at ease and comfortable. He didn't feel the need to worry nor did he feel the need to weep. Of course, he wasn't exactly happy but this, it felt as if getting a break after an unbelievably strong storm. A horrible tragedy that eventually got its momentary recovery. It was refreshing and relieving.

Kuroo took a deep breath, closing his eyes as he tried to take in as much as he could of this brief break.

"Kuroo?" A voice spoke, breaking the said man's focus.

It was that moment when Kuroo felt the sudden urge to cry. Of course, he wasn't allowed to be happy long enough for him to be satisfied.

Rush of plastic memories had played over his mind as he stared at the man who hated his whole guts and being.

Kuroo felt incredible amount of fear and guilt as he met Yamaguchi's eyes.