~Ch.5 Wake Up~

"Sam. Sam, it's just a dream," Sam woke up to Taurtis holding him to his chest.

Sam snuggled into the embrace, allowing all thoughts of the dream to fade away as Taurtis placed a kiss on his forehead. Taurtis looked down at him worried, "Do you want to talk about it?"

Sam shook his head, "No, it was just a nightmare."

"Still.." Taurtis trailed off.

"Really, it's nothing to worry about," Sam assured.

Taurtis sighed, "If you say so."

The sound of someone knocking on the door made them turn to look at it. "Yes?" Taurtis called.

"Alpha, please get ready soon. The courts have ordered a meeting," The voice said.

"Okay, I'll be ready soon," Taurtis turned to Sam, "I guess the courts call. I'll be back as soon as I can, okay?"

Sam just nodded as he watched Taurtis walk into the bathroom to get ready. Sam rolled over, facing the nightstand. Through a small part of Sam really wished it was all just a nightmare, the view of the bright red rose convinced him otherwise.

---

Sam tried to go through his day without thinking of the rose, through it proved to be considerably difficult. Everywhere he went, even if it was just for a second, the rose was there. It was almost like it was taunting him, reminding him that it was in control.

Sam knew that the world around him was probably all a dream, though he couldn't help but hope it wasn't. It was all just so real.

"Sam? Why are you out here?" Sam looked around and realized he had wandered out of the castle. Though he could've sworn he was just heading towards his bedroom.

Sam smiled at Grian, "I don't know, I guess I was lost in thought."

Grian shook his head slightly, a smile playing on his lips, "You'd better be careful, we don't want you getting lost, now would we?"

Sam rolled his eyes, "I'll be careful. Besides it's not like I haven't lived here for, practically, all my life."

Grian shrugged, "You never know, things could change in a finger snap."

Sam blinked, he frowned when he found himself in front of his bedroom. Great, just great. The rose was really showing how much control it had. Sam knew he couldn't do anything about it, but that didn't stop him from trying.

He walking into the room, stopping in front of the rose. Through it never seemed to work, he grabbed the rose and walked over to the window. He chucked it as far as he could before swiftly shutting the window. Sam sighed as he sat on the little bench next to the window. Just as he suspected, the rose was somehow back in the vase.

Sam hoped this was just one giant dream and that he would soon wake up, but it all seemed just so real. He was starting to doubt everything that happened. What if he didn't really "wake up" the first time and it was all just an elaborate scheme to lure him into a false sense of security?

Regardless, Sam had to keep his head up. He couldn't just give up now. This was all just a dream and he just need to make himself wake up. How exactly he was going to do that was the problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys, okay, first off, I'm so sorry I haven't updated, finals have been eating at me. I usually try to avoid stressful situations because when I get stressed, I will not do anything, I refuse. I have no clue why, that's just how I've always been. I guess I just think that if I do nothing everything will eventually settle down. Second, I'm sorry this chapter is short, again stressed and don't really want to do anything. Also, I was a little lost on where to go with this as far as the chapter, I was like, "How do I add to this?" Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll see you in the next chapter, Bye~!
~PinkBoss