Chapter 4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 months later:

                                                (Your POV)

   It's been four months since Carson's dad died, 1 month ago his mom and sister were killed in a robbery, so for the last month, he's been living with you.

              - - - - - - - - -Light's room- - - - - - - - -

"LightI I just don't know what to do, I don't know how to comfort him. He lost his mom, sister, and dad in less than a fucking year Light!!" you exclaimed as you cried into Lights shoulder.

He didn't say anything, just rubbed your back in an attempt to make you feel better. This went on for a few minutes before you went back to your room to see Carson crying into one of your pillows with the T.V. on.

 "How you feeling?" you asked him. he didn't respond. Ever since he's been living here he's been really depressed...obviously, he won't talk to anybody in the house but you, not even Sayu, and they were pretty close. "Anything I can do?" you asked. no response. You sat there silently for about ten minutes before he sat up. He looked at you teary-eyed and fell into your arms making you fall back onto the bed. He cried softly into your chest. 

"Why does this have to happen to me" he trailed off, only letting out muffled sounds. thank god I wore a bra today you thought to yourself. He eventually sat up and grabbed you tightly by your shoulders.

                                       ( Carsons POV)

   I grabbed her shoulders and looked her in her beautiful, sparkling, worry-filled (e/c) eyes. "Thank you so much for always being there for me... Through all of this" I hugged her tightly, being careful not to hurt her. "I love you so much". 

"I love you too Carson," she said, if this were a cartoon my ears would've perked up at the sound of those words. But this is only life, and what happened was this warm feeling of butterflies in my chest. "You're the greatest friend I've ever had and I promise I'll always be there for you" the butterflies stopped. All at once, they stopped. Sadness again consumed me. Friend, Best Friend. That's all I am to her. Nothing more. 

I'll change that,
One day.

—————-three more months—————-

Your POV

Carson's been a lot "better" lately,
But he's being really clingy and it was kind of getting on your nerves. He keeps complimenting you and hugging you and tried to grab your hand a few times. Now Okay okay, Doesn't sound like something you should be complaining about but it made you uncomfortable and it's been almost a year since Carson's family has passed. You were happy he was getting over it a but his coping methods are a bit...as bad as it sounds, annoying. like he actually won't leave you alone. At all.
Anyway, aside from that.
His birthday is in a week
June sixth. You weren't sure what to get him.
Light would probably help you though. Maybe.
Carson's been acting kinda weird lately, to be honest, he would blush when he see you, and now he was avoiding you? Which surprised you since he hasn't left you alone for even a second in a while.

—————Carson's POV————-

I've been much better lately,
It was so hard after I lost everybody but I got to live with (YN) so that's a plus!
God
What's wrong with me.
She's been so sweet to me.
It's so hard not to love her, she is so sweet and perfect and amazing. Her (h/l) (h/c) hair. It's so beautiful.
And gosh, her sense of humor is amazing. I love her so much. My birthdays in a week. I guess I'm excited. I cant wait to see what (y/n) gets me! And I'm planning on using my birthday as an excuse to finally ask her out, it'll be my birthday, so she can't say no, right?

_____Carsons B-Day—Your POV______

It's the day.
And your gift is shit.
It's homemade, but hey, it's the thought that counts! Carson's been giving you strange looks all day.
Like he wants to say something but can't get it out. But today is the one day you won't pester him to tell you.
|-/—-PARTY TIME!!!—|-/

Okay, so you didn't exactly have a "party" so to speak. You all went out to dinner at this really cool fondu place about half an hour away. Then you stopped by that cake shop again. It was nice, you got a huge key lime pie with lots of whipped cream, yours and Carson's favorite.
You skipped alongside Carson on the way home singing a special song: "iits Carson's bday and I'm gonna have some piee" over and over and over again and everyone looked annoyed except for Carson so you didn't stop. But you were distracted with your singing and bumped into someone on the sidewalk and fell flat on your back. You looked up to see the face of the same person who returned your shoe and sat strangely the other day. What was his name again? Oh yes " well hello, there Ryuzaki" the older man was with him again "and I didn't get your name the other day sir," You said looking at the older man.

 "Watari, a pleasure to meet you" wait, why am I still laying on the ground You thought to yourself. You tried to sit up but your lack of strength made it somewhat difficult. You held your hands out and Ryuzaki helped you up. You looked him in the eyes for a moment.
Butterflies, right in your chest.
You could feel your cheeks getting warm once again. "Thank you for helping me up heh" You said anxiously.
"You must really like sweets huh? We've run into each other here twice now lol"
" yes, I do"
Great conversation you thought to yourself puffing out your cheeks.
You got a little notebook out of your bag and started writing your phone number. You had almost finished before an arm yanked you making you drop the paper to the ground. It was Carson.

"Gosh (Y/N) you can't just take off like that!" He looked at me, then at Ryuzaki, he snarled at him "and who the hell is this" he said looking him up and down. You kicked his shin hoping Ryuzaki wouldn't notice. 

"Remember the guy from the cake shop a while back? He's a friend of mine so be nice" You said.

"Whatever" he responded as he yanked you away.

—-Outside POV——

As Carson yanked (Y/N) through the crowd back to the house, wondering who that man was to his precious (Y/N), a certain detective bent down to pick up a semi crumpled piece of paper with a smudged unfinished phone number. "Friends" he said to himself smiling softly, and holding the paper.

—————————————————————-
Word count:1135