Chapter 10

))-Your POV-((

When you woke up the next morning it took you a moment to realize you were no longer at L's apartment, you were so used to waking up and seeing, or hearing him.
God, you missed him so much... you sighed as light walked in greeting you.

"Good morning (YN)" He said sitting next to me. "Now, where were you, really" he said deadpanning.

"what do you mean" you said, beginning to sweat nervously. "I already told you, I was at my friends house. Ryuna, remember?"

"I remember just fine, but that doesn't mean I believe you." He said narrowing his eyes at me.
You smirked at him.

"Well believe what you want, I'm telling the truth." You gave a smug look and got up going to your room. You closed your door behind you and locked it. You got L's shirt from under your pillows and hugged it. God you missed him, you missed him so much. You didn't even realize it but a few tears fell down you face as you clutched the fabric to your chest.
You took a few deep deep breaths and put the shirt back under your pillows. You went to your bathroom taking a long shower.
No matter how hard you tried you couldn't stop thinking about him, and his messy hair, his voice... You had completely zoned out thinking about him, your arms were hanging at your sides and you were staring at the wall without even realizing. "Gah!" You shouted zoning back in.
"You have to stop thinking about him, your not gonna see him again!!" You shouted to yourself, tears beginning to well up in your eyes, only to be washed away by the water.
You washed your face and got out of the shower, breathing in the steam filling the bathroom. You dried your face taking deep breaths through your nose looking in the mirror. You walked back into your room to see carson standing there about to walk out of your door. He turned his head towards you when you gasped.
"H-How did you get in here!!!" You shouted at him, tightening the towel around you. He leaned against the doorway staring at your body with a smirk. You blushed in anger and averted your eyes. You noticed a bobby pin and a screwdriver on the floor by your door. Carson walked over to you slowly and you backed away eventually bumping into a wall. Carson leaned his arm against the wall next to your head. He looked down on you and ran his fingers across the edge of the towel.
Light and Sayu were at school, mom was out on errands and dad was at work, there was nobody you could call for.

"You know (YN)" He said eyeing your slightly visible cleavage. "I've always wanted to know what you looked like under here" he said in a voice that made you sick.
You tried to push him away, even kneeing, you tried to knee him in the crotch but he blocked you with his leg.

"Carson stop!!! Let me go, what wrong with you!!" You shouted. You looked up at him with an anger, disgust filled expression. That's when he snapped on you.

"Don't you get it?!! You're what's wrong with me! why the FUCK won't you accept my feelings for you!!?" He shouted some other things but you were zoned out.
"Because I like Ryuzaki..." you muttered. At this he stopped yelling, he was frozen. He punched the wall so hard it cracked. You flinched and tightened your grip on the towel. He stormed out of your room and slammed the door, an echo sounding through the house. You still had your eyes screwed shut.

You slowly stood up straight again. You walked over to your door and locked it again, this time propping a chair under the doorknob. You slowly stepped away from the door. You put on your favorite underwear, and L's shirt...
You drew your blinds shut and turned off the lights. You put on your earbuds and listened to (song you like to cry to) and contemplated texting L.
'Hey, I know your probably busy but I just wanted to say hi and how are you.'
You sent it and awaited a reply that never came.
You fell asleep with your phone in your hand.

—Outside POV (four hours later)—

Light walked into the house and greeted his mother and sister who happily said hello. He decided to check on (YN) since she was probably still shaken up about what happened with Carson. He walked up to her room and was about to open the door when he noticed scratches around the key hole on the door. He began attempting to open the door.

|:-:/Your POV again\:-:|

You woke up to the sounds of somebody attempting to open your door. You pulled your covers over yourself and shouted "please leave me alone Carson!" Only to hear a response from a voice that wasn't Carson's. You felt relieved to hear your brothers voice. You walked over to your door and moved the chair, opening it slowly peeking through the opening.

"(YN) what happened are you okay?" He asked you in a paranoid voice but a very serious expression on his face.

"I-it's nothing don't worry" you said nervously, waving your hands trying to get him to calm down. He eyes you suspiciously again, this time, his eyes landing on your shirt. You swallowed hoping he wouldn't say anything about it. But of course.

" where you get that shirt?" He said opening your door fully. "I've never seen you wear that before" He now had his arms crossed. "Is it 'ryunas'?" He asked using air quotes when he said the name.

"pft, no!" you said trying to sound as convincing as possible. "I...I bought it while I was there so that I would have something to wear to bed. Duh." you said smiling, almost proud of your crappy excuse.

"mhm" he hummed in disbelief. His eyes traveled to the chair sitting next to your door. "why did you have your door propped shut?" he asked. He then looked down at the lock on your door. "did he try to pick your lock...?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"hm? o-oh! Uhm yeah..." you mumbled avoiding eye contact. He looked like he was about to shout when Sayu came in.

"can you guys help me with my homework?"

"whats it on?" light and you both said in unison. you looked at him and giggled, and he smiled back at you.

"quadratic equations." she said holding up a couple of books. "im sorry if you were busy, but it just doesn't make any sense. please help me." she said sighing. you all walked over to lights room and sat at his desk. You looked over at light as he was about to sit down. He had an expression on his face showing both a combination of anger and shock. "Light? You okay there?" you said looking up at him.

"yes" he said going back to his normal expression, as if nothing had happened. "I just remembered something is all. hmhm" he said as he sat down. You just nodded and helped your sister. There were some things that light didn't know how to do, each time you gave him a smug little look and showed her how to do it properly. You felt better being with your siblings. The two of you eventually helped her to understand. As soon as you were done Light told the both of you that he had studying to do and sent you both out of his room. You were surprised to hear the lock click as he shut it. you raised your eyebrows a bit and went back to your room, quickly propping the door shut behind you. You walked over to your phone and checked the time.

"Wow 10 already?" you said to yourself. You put your phone down yawning. You changed into an old t-shirt and got under your covers. You laid in the darkness of your room for a few minutes. You heard footsteps out your door and someone attempt to open it Carson you thought sadly. why is it like this with him now, how can somebody change so much so suddenly... You rolled over to your side and opened your phone looking at the unread message to L. You stared until your screen dimmed and shut off. You put your phone down and hugged L's shirt, falling asleep in minutes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1441