Chapter 7

|~-Your POV-~|

    You woke up early the next morning, the sun coming in through the cracks in the blinds partially illuminated the room. Your eyes slowly adjusted and you began to take In your surroundings. It was a few minutes before you recognized the room as Ryuzaki's. You got up and rushed over to your things to check your phone. You're eyes went wide at how many missed calls you had. You called light right away.
"(YN)?! WHERE ARE YOU, ARE YOU OKAY??"
He shouted into the phone forcing you to hold it away from your ear.
"H-heyyy light" You said nervously.
"Don't HEY LIGHT ME"
"Gosh gosh relax I'm okay I promise. It's just... something happened, and I don't exactly want to be around somebody at home right now."
"..."
"So I just spent the night at my friend RyuuuuuuuNA. I just spent the night at my friend Ryuna's house" you said trying to act as natural as possible.
"Who's that?? I've never heard you speak of a 'Ryuna' before!" He said, a combination of anger, suspicion and worry in his voice.

"Y-Yeah she's a friend from school. Listen light relax, I'm fine I promise. Gotta go, love you light" You said somewhat sarcastically.
"Mhm, love you too" He said and you hung up straight after.
You put your phone back into your jeans and made your way out of the room.
You walked to the living room seeing Ryuzaki in the same place he was last night. He was looking in a folder with a bunch of papers in it. You came behind him quietly and ruffled his messy black hair. He whipped his head quickly not having heard you come in. He stared at you for a moment before he turned back around. You went around the couch to sit next to him and wrapped yourself in a soft blanket. You sat there, legs crossed and looked at him, observing his features. He looked at you out of the corner of his eye. His black eyes meeting your (EC) ones. You blushed but continued to look at him. You sat up a little more and leaned forward.

"Waddaya lookin at?" You asked eyeing the folder in his hands.
"Classified" He said picking up the other folders and walking over to his large desk near the wall of TVs, locking the folders in a drawer.
You pouted of course, and watched him walk back over.
"Okay mr detective" you said in a somewhat snarky tone under your breath. He heard you and chuckled a bit to himself, which you also heard. You smiled towards him leaning your head on your arms. He came back and crouched back on the couch. You scooted over a bit closer to him, resting your head on his knee.

"Can we watch something?" You said pointing to the actual TV, which was a decently sized flat screen. You looked up at him as he turned on the news. "You like the news Mr Detective?" You asked giggling, turning your head back forward. They were saying something about Kira and L? You've never been one to watch the news but this seemed interesting. You sat for a few minutes watching the news with Ryu. They talked about how people were speaking of Kira as though he were a god, and talked about L and how he's working on the case. After almost two hours the segment ended. You sat up and looked over at Ryu who didn't seem the slightest bit phased by it. Your eyes were semi wide.
"So what do you think the deal with Kira is" You said. "It's an interesting idea huh? Killing somebody without actually contacting them? I wonder how that works. Maybe it's some really complicated process like he picks his victims and does something to them so they die at a certain time? Like a slow acting poison? But they're like all heart attacks! And with that many people I really doubt my theory. ya that's stupid." You laughed a little bit at the end realizing you ranted." Ooh! And what about that L guy. Greatest detective in the world huh? Well just have to wait and see amirite?" You said nudging Ryuzaki with your elbow laughing. " you think he'll be able to figure it out?" You asked. "Oooh!! Wanna make a bet??? If L doesn't figure out who Kira is by the end of this year, you owe meee... 20 bucks? Mostly cuz I'm broke and if I lose I don't wanna worry about losing my monayy" You said enthusiastically and giggled. Ryuzaki was smiling at you a great deal while you weren't looking . Hearing your ideas about the case and your comments about L made him get that strange feeling again both the pang of guilt and the warm feeling of something else he wasn't able to identify. He looked down at you and brushed your hair out of your face causing you to blush. "Deal?" You asked  referring to the bet.
"Deal" He said in his usual tone as you raised your pinky to him?
"Pinky swear?"
"Yes, because I'm very childish and if I win you better pay up." You said giving him a wide smile. He took your pinky in his. He has much bigger hands than you do.

You two talked about it more afterwards.
"If we're being entirely honest I've never really heard about L before." You said looking up at him. He let out a little hmph. Not angry, but a bit annoyed. "Do you have a laptop or something I could use?" You asked. He nodded and went to get up, your head was still resting on him so you had to sit up as well. He brought an older looking laptop over and sat back down. Turning the screen away from you as he input the long ass password he had on it. He opened it to the search engine and handed it to you. "Thanks" You said smiling at him.
"You're welcome" he replied, a doe eyed look on his face. You turned back to the computer and began typing. 'L detective' you typed.
Ryuzaki was watching intently. There as a link that showed all the cases he's solved and boy were there a lot of them. "Oh my god!" You said scrolling through the pages of cases he's solved. "This is fricking awesome" you said. "How old do you think he is? I mean, to be this accomplished?" He smirked to himself and continued looking at the screen. You continued scrolling. "Why are you being so quiet?" You asked leaning your head back to look up at him.
"No reason" he said without shifting his focus.
You shrugged and turned back to the screen.
"I wonder if he's cute" you said laughing to yourself.
He's okay Ryuzaki thought to himself in response to your statement.
You went to click images but nothing came up except a gothic styled L on a white background.
"Aww, there's no pics. Makes sense I guess though huh?" You said looking up at him again. "When you catch that many criminals you'd probably have a lot of people after you. Wouldn't wanna make it any easier for them by having your picture out there." You said as you clicked the video search option. You clicked the first one that came up. There was no visual content, only audio. "Hm, he even distorts his voice huh?" You listened a bit more. "Heh, they kinda sound like you." You didn't see this but his eyes widened a bit and his body tensed, he continued listening to what you were saying.
" the way he talks to know? Well when you DO talk hmhm. And his tone." You turned to face him "are you L Mr. Detective??" You said poking his chest and giggling. He didn't say anything but smirked at you. You laid your head on his chest and he leaned back on to the couch, almost laying normally. You nuzzled into his side and it was silent for a minute before Ryuzaki heard your soft breathing as you'd fallen asleep again. And for the first time in a long time, he was able to fall asleep too.

Outside POV;;;;
Meanwhile at the Yagami household. 😥

"I can't believe you!!" Light yelled at Carson. Carson flinched but he was getting used to this. In the last day, Carson's grown to be more angry at (YN) than at himself. 'What reason did she have not to accept my feelings' he thought to himself clenching his fists tight, his short nails digging into his palms. 'What does that asshole have that I don't!!'. His nails broke some of the skin in his hands but he didn't notice until light said something.
"Don't get your blood on my bed!" He yelled, making Carson look down at his hands seeing multiple short cuts in each of his palms where his nails had been. His expression didn't change, and he didn't move, just stared at his hands. The blood spreading slowly through the wrinkles in his palms.
"Leave my room now" light said in a dark tone, his light hair just barely covering the eyes that were glaring daggers into Carson. He slowly got up and walked out of lights room, and light slammed the door behind him. Carson eyed the broken glass and drops of blood that were still on the floor as he stepped through his own door. He cleaned up the glass but left the blood. He changed and sat on his bed, just staring at the crimson droplets that trailed to the bathroom.

Meanwhile in lights room _;;;

Light sat at his desk, the death note laid open in front of him, pen in hand. Considering writing Carson's name in it.
Ryuk was sitting behind him with a basket of apples at hand being rather loud while eating them.
"Be quiet!" Light yelled, throwing a book which only went through the shinigami.
Ryuk laughed to himself.
"What's so hard Raito" he said teasingly "just write his name" he said laughing again.

Light sat silent for a few minutes, shaking with anger.
"I can't" Light said, crushing the pen in his hand. "He may have done something terrible but she'll still be crushed if he dies..." he slammed the Death Note shut and put it back in the hiding place in his desk. He turned on the small tv that he had in his room flipping to a random news channel. There was a segment about L and Kira on. He watched with an evil grin spreading across his face.
"Well Ryuk, looks like I made the news" he said laughing under his breath.
————————————————————
Word count:1787