Chapter 13

~~Carson's POV~~
"Shit" I sighed as I sat on my bed looking down at the torn piece of the notebook paper in my hand, rubbing my neck where Light was gripping it. the person whos name is written in this note will die. I thought over and over again. I wonder...
I picked up the pencil (YN) lent me in 6th grade. The one with bite marks all over it and a nonexistent eraser. I took a book from the bookshelf by my bed and laid the scrap of paper onto it, attempting to smooth it out.

"Have the face clear in your mind..." I said closing my eyes visualizing their face. I slowly opened them, moving my hand to the paper beginning to write their name.
'Ryuzaki' I wrote neatly and slowly.
"Now we wait I guess..." I left the paper on my bed and Walk over to the drops of blood that were still on my floor. They were dry now.
I knelt down and rubbed some off with my thumb. I examined the brownish mark that was now on my skin, licking it off.
Salty... I thought, it was salty, but the fact that it was (YN)'s made it seem almost, sweet. I scraped the small dried puddles into a tissue, some of the dried flecks marking it, and licking what remained on my nail.

I folded the tissue carefully along the edge to prevent any of it from falling out, and carefully set it on my pillow. I looked at the paper scrap one last time before I slid it into a book and sliding under my blue and green, plaid, comforter. (Phil lester style) I carefully held the tissue to my chest. 'oh my sweet (YN)'... I won't give you a choice next time I thought, breathing her scent from the tissue as I fell into the confines of sleep.

---Your POV---

It was still dark when you opened your eyes. You reached your hand out to the side, only to feel emptiness. You sat up and looked around the room seeing nothing but darkness. "L?" You called out quietly as you moved the covers off of you. You shivered as your toes touched the cold floor. You walked around the room aimlessly for a few minutes, walking out he door, looking in the living room and the other room of the hotel. Not there. You walked back to the room, your footsteps echoing behind you. As you neared the door you could see light seeping through the doorway. You assumed it must be L of course and sped up pushing the door open.
"Hey L-" you stopped speaking, what you saw in front of you was not raven hair, but blue. You recognized them immediately.
"C-Carson?? How-how the hell did...did..." you trailed off, seeing L's unconscious body at his feet. You covered your mouth, immediately falling to your knees. Tears pricked your eyes as you heard a low chuckle coming from Carson. You looked up to him with hatred burning in your eyes. He stepped over L. And lifted his limp body by the collar of his shirt, his head falling back as you heard a cracking sound coming from his neck.
"You thought you could take my place." He muttered looking at L, and dropping him to the floor, a hard thud sounding as he hit the ground. Carson walked over and knelt down in front of you. "But nobody can take my place..." he said pulling your head back by your hair. He smashed his lips into yours, holding you in place only pulling away for breath. "You're mine and nobody else's." He tightened his grip on your hair. So much, it hurt so much. His nails beginning to dig into your scalp. "Why cant you understand that!" He shouted through clenched teeth. You struggled to get out of his grip as you felt a warm liquid dripping down the back of your neck.
"Carson let go of me!! Watari! L... please..."the tears began pouring from your eyes. Carson began kissing the tears away, standing up with your hair still in his grip.

"Don't think you'll get away that easily my love." He whispered in your ear. He snakes his hand around your waist pulling you into him. He kissed you again, pushing his tongue past your lips despite your protest. You looked down seeing the small puddle of blood soaking L's hair.

————————-

You shot up in bed, your hair stuck to your face with sweat, tears streaming down your cheeks,
You were breathing heavily, as you looked around the room you saw only darkness. You were still shaken from the dream, too much to even move. You moved the covers off of your legs with shaky hands, sliding over the empty space next to you. "L-L?" You whispered into the darkness, the images from your dream still flashing through your mind. You shuddered at the thought. You didn't want to leave the room, fearing that when you came back you'd see the nightmarish images from before.
You noticed light shining through edges of one of the doors in the room. You slowly made your way towards it, taking a moment to listen for any sound coming from the other side. Nothing. You gripped he door handle and slowly turned it, squinting your eyes, afraid of what might be in front of you. You opened the door, being hit in the face with a blast of steam. You opened your eyes and looked ahead of you, seeing L, standing there...with a towel around his waist... "shit" you said under your breath scanning his body until your eyes met his.
"Well good morning~" you said dragging the words out a little bit. "I-I mean, uh, frick... sorry." You said averting your eyes. "Uh-Uhm sorry I didn't- didn't knock. I just had a ... dream... and-and" You trailed off thinking of L's dead body on the floor...blood soaking his hair... your hands had traveled to your head, gripping your hair. You shuddered as your mind traveled to what Carson did, well, "did" to you. Your face must have looked like that of a young German boy watching his mother being eaten alive by a titan, because before you knew it L had his arm wrapped around your shoulders, his other still holding the towel up.
You looked up at him and he pulled you into his bare chest, you blushed but immediately wrapped your arms around him.