Chapter 11

\_-_Your POV_-_/ (3 a.m.)

You woke up at three A.M. to your phone vibrating next to you. You squinted flipping it open and looking at the screen. You saw a message from L. You sat immediately with a smile on your face, getting an instant headache but happy none the less. You read the message in your head.

'You are correct, I am quite busy. I am well. If you would like talk, a phone call would be preferred so that I could work while we talk.'

'Is now okay to call?' you typed sitting up smiling at your phone.

'yes' was the response you received. You smiled and immediately called him. He answered with a monotone hello. You smiled hearing his voice, you missed it.

"Hi Ryu!" you whisper yelled. "hows work?" you asked still whispering.

"work is going fine, I cannot disclose any details but I think were getting close."

"oh that's great, you're amazing you know that?" you said laughing.

"How have things been with your friend?" he asked with the slightest hint of worry in his voice.

"O-oh that..." you trailed off. "it-it hasn't been too bad I g-guess" you lied thinking about what had happened with Carson yesterday. Why did you lie.

"That's good. be careful." you could hear the disbelief in his voice. You knew he'd be able to see through you. He's a detective for gods sake.

"Yeah..." you said "I will." There was a short silence before you spoke again. "So what are you doing?" You asked.

"I'm working. Looking at some new evidence. I can not disclose any specific details." He said once again with monotone voice.

"Oh..." you said. Dammit I'm losing this conversation you thought to yourself. "Okay heh. So do you miss me yet?" You asked in a joking tone, laughing afterwards.

He was silent for a moment before he responded. "Yes... I do" He said causing you to smile to yourself widely.

"Good, Cause I miss you too, a lot. So you better crack this one quick so I can see you again!" You whispered happily.
"Okay" he said, almost sounding excited.
"And hey, if you can get this by the end of the year you win twenty bucks haha!" You heard him hum a laugh which caused you to blush. You smiled softly to yourself laying back down on your bed, holding your phone to your ear.

"we'll see wont we?" he said humming to himself afterwards. You laid there with heavy eyelids, listening the sounds of both L's breathing and paper shuffling.

"Yes we will" you said laughing softly with a sleepy tone in your voice. You could feel yourself beginning to drift off. You listened to his soft breathing over the phone as your eyes slowly closed. "G'night Ryu..." You said falling asleep with the phone to your ear.

Outside POV--

She fell asleep with the phone in her hand, the call still going. L's hands stopped sifting through papers as he listened to her light snoring. I suppose I miss her quite a bit after all he thought to himself, calmly listening to her for a few more minutes before going to end the call. Almost as soon as the call ended (YN)s door was attempted to be opened. She almost woke up when the chair hit the floor.

Footsteps made their way across her room,  a floorboard squeezing every few seconds. "You will be mine (YN)" she just barely heard before she was completely asleep again. Carsons soft footsteps left the room as he closed the door behind him with a small 'click'.

~~Your POV~~

"Good morning~" you heard somebody chime happily as you groggily sat up. You quickly shoved L's shirt under your covers before it was seen by whoever was in your room.