Chapter 9

|;::Your POV::;|

You woke up the next morning to the sun shining through the window. You didn't get up, just opened your eyes and took in your surroundings. You were still on the couch and you had a blanket over you. You scanned the room for Ryuzaki but he was nowhere to be seen. You laid there for a few more minutes before you sat up stretching with your arms above your head. You turned the tv on to the news and sat for a few minutes before a special broadcast came on.
There was a man sitting at a desk, with raven hair and a grey trench coat.
"I am Lind L Taylor" he said. You cocked an eyebrow wondering why they had to interrupt what you were watching.
He continued "the sole person able to mobilize the worlds police.
Also known as L." You clicked the record button on the remote faster than you could express through words. You stood up with your eyes wide. He continued once again.
"There's has been a string of serial killings targeting criminals. This is the most horrendous act of murder in history and will not go unpunished." You did a little air punch and muttered "Hell yeah" through clenched teeth.
"I will definitely catch the person behind the murders commonly known as 'kira'" you watched in great anticipation awaiting his next words. "Kira, I have a fairly good idea of why your doing this. But what you're doing is evil!" He said this giving a challenging smirk. You continued watching with your fists clenched tight, waiting to see his next move, but his hands went to his chest and he coughed harshly before collapsing face first onto the desk. Your eyes went wide and you dropped the remote. You stood watching as they carried his now deceased body off of the set, when a very familiar "L" flashed on the screen. You smiled hugely as you heard the distorted yet familiar voice play aloud. You squeezed the remote tightly, flinching at the pressure on your still injured hand, and began shaking, what some could describe as fangirling (which I'm sure many of you did when this part came on).

"Unbelievable" the distorted voice said seemingly under their breath. "I had to check to be sure. Who would have thought you could have done this?"
"Uhm me" You said to yourself.
"Kira, it seems you can kill people without direct contact"
"Well duh" you said giggling under your breath.
" I couldn't believe it before seeing it with my own eyes... Listen to me Kira, if you just killed the man on screen, Lind L Taylor, you just killed a man who was scheduled to be executed today."
"Good move" you said in awe, slowly lowering yourself back into the couch.
"It wasn't me. The criminal is someone who the police caught secretly. His capture wasn't broadcasted in television or internet. It seems like even you couldn't get information on him."
"Damnit I'm gonna lose the bet" you said under your breath.
"But I L, do exist. So come on! Try to kill me!" He shouted. At this you heard, almost an echo of those words somewhere else in the apartment. "What's wrong? Do it quickly!! Come on! Kill me!" He repeated it a few times more, and a few times more you heard that echo. You were too entranced to look where it was coming from continuing to watch. "Come on! Can't you do it??" He took a long pause, most likely awaiting a heart attack or death of some kind, but nothing happened to your relief. "It seems that you can't kill me" you grinned widely, slightly narrowing your eyes at the tv."So there are some people that you can't kill. You've given me a good clue. I'll tell you something in return." He said, you were shaking in anticipation and excitement on the couch. "I told you that this was a live, worldwide broadcast, but..."
"But??" You questioned the screen clenching the remote tightly.
"This is only broadcasting in the Kanto region of Japan." You jumped up, and leaned forward so interested in what was happening that you'd forgotten about the echoes of the voice. "I was planning on broadcasting this to different regions but it seems that I no longer need to. Now that I know you are based in the Kanto region."
You breathed out heavily amazed at how quickly L was able to figure everything out.
"The police overlooked this case because it was so minor. Of all the criminals who died of heart attacks, Kuro Otoharadas crime was the least serious. Furthermore, his crime was only broadcast in japan."
You began to hear the echos again.
"I have been able to deduce this much, you are in Japan, and your first victim was your guinea pig."
And again, this time you didn't ignore it so much, you looked around and began to walk down the hall towards a closed door. You were able to hear the tv behind you but you heard the same words growing slightly louder with each step you took towards the door.
"You're just lucky you're in Kanto the most heavily populated region in Japan. I never thought things would go quite so well, but..." you got closer to the door recognizing the voice. "Kira, it won't be long before I can sentence you to death." You we're now at the door, unable to hear the tv in the living room. You had your ear to the door, only to hear the voice you've come to recognize so well.
"Kira, I'm interested in how you commit these murders."
Your eyes went wide and your mouth hung open.
"But, I'll find that out when I catch you.
Till we meet again... Kira..." you heard it perfectly clear.
You opened the door slightly peeking through. You saw Ryuzaki crouched on the floor in a dark room in front of a monitor, with none other than the infamous L, bright on the screen. A small microphone placed in front of him.
"Kira..."
He said, only to himself this time, " I will definitely find you and finish you!
I am, Justice!".
"R-Ryuzaki?" You said standing in the doorway, your eyes wide. Your feet were together and your arms were wrapped around yourself as you peered into the dark room to see Ryuzaki's wide eyes and open mouth staring at you in shock before he recomposed himself. He slowly rose to his feet rubbing one foot with the other. He slowly stepped over to you as you took a few small steps toward him. You looked up at him shifting your focus every couple seconds.
"So..." you started off "y-you're L huh?" You said looking at your socks.
You heard him exhale heavily before speaking.
"Well I suppose there's no point in trying to keep it from you now" he said as you looked back up at him. "Yes, I am indeed L" you blinked a few times, though you'd figured it out by now, it was still a bit strange hearing him say it out loud. "I understand if you wish to disassociate yourself with me, but you must understand, you may never, tell anybody what you now know." He said in a very serious tone.
"I-" you started. "I would never wish to disassociate myself with you" You said giving him a small smile, he seemed a bit surprised but you continued. "I'm friends with the best detective in the world which is awesome, and guess what Mr Detective." You said poking his chest with a grin on your face. You got on your tiptoes to be as close to his face as possible. Your noses were touching and your eyes were locked. "You've got an early graduate on your side now. And I'll be here to help you any way I can no matter what happens." You giggled and hugged him tightly.
"I'm so happy I lost my shoe that day" You said smiling into his chest. He wrapped his arms back around you and rested his chin on your head.
"Me too..." you heard him say squeezing you tighter. He stepped back, still slouching and looked down at you. You retracted your arms enough to look up at him. For the first time you saw him smile, and no not the little barely noticeable smiles you've seen here and there, I mean a real smile. He smiled at you, teeth and all. You smiled right back and began giggling. He stepped back and grabbed your hand leading you out of the room. You blushed at the contact but refused to let go. He turned around to lock the door and continued to walk down the hallway. He began talking, to which you gave your full attention. "So as you now know, I am working on an extremely sensitive case. For reasons I'm sure you understand I won't be staying at my home for a while. I will be moving between hotels." You looked up at him with a slight frown knowing you won't be able to see him for a while since you probably won't be able to go to the hotel, but you understand why he has to do it. You nodded as he continued. "As of tomorrow I will no longer be here. When the two of us are around any body aside from Watari, you must continue to refer to me as Ryuzaki."
You nodded and began to speak. "Im still going to call you Mr Detective and you can't change my mind about that. And, and I think it's time I had to go home anyway." You said smiling at him. A small smile that was more comforting than happy. He nodded and looked ahead stopping in his tracks. "I will miss your company" he said, squeezing your hand, you squeezed back and leaned against his arm.