6 .:Flashback:.

Attached to the top/side is Waiting for Superman-Daughtry

12th Century Scotland

My curtains are yanked open and when I look up Mordred looked at me. "Up you go." He hums. I sit up, heading to the dressing area without another word, grabbing my dark blue dress. The gold designs on it proving to possibly be my most expensive dress. I pull off my white tunic and brown capris, then step into the dress, fastening the laces myself, knowing them by memory.

I step out of the area, and take a pick to my red curls. It fixes them to the point of beautiful. Sure, my mother would throw a fit at the mess, but I hated doing much to my hair.

I step into my slippers, the wedge quite uncomfortable. "You ready?" Mordred asks. I look at him.

"To get out of this room, yes." I agree and he opens the door, revealing my mother. Long dark hair. Light eyes. She turned as she heard the doors lurch open. "Mother." I bow slightly.

"I'm disappointed to hear of your recent behavior, Merida." She greets me. Good morning to you too. I straighten up, saying nothing as she leads the way to the church mass in the castle.

My eyes rake the visitors as my mother's hand on my shoulder keeps me near her as she speaks with the nobles who are often here on Sundays. I couldn't look much until there's a tightening of the King's mistress Blair's hand on my shoulder. Reminding me to be respectful. To be polite and act a lady.

So I kept my ice blue eyes on the company, kindly stranding straight and speaking with confidence when spoken too. My mouth was smiling. It was long before her hand released me, seeming to trust me to spend the rest of the pre-mass visiting hour out of trouble. I scan my ice eyes towards the servants along the other side of the cathedral. The stained glass windows had the morning sun streaming through them.

I narrow my eyes, squinting to spot them. Mordred was there. Alone with Norma and several other servants I vaguely recognized. I spot the long brunette head of hair of Erion. Then my eyes shift to him. Michael. Unlike the others and their fake smiles hiding their brooding attitudes, Michael's was sincere, even as he bowed respectfully and nodded as they talked down to him. His perfect smile seemed to make not only me smile. He made everyone smile.

I blink away the trance when I see someone heading towards me. I watch as he draws near, holding my chin high when I realize it was one of the guests. "You must be Princess Merida." He assumes, his blue eyes bouncing with light in the rays of sun flitting through the glass. Making them look light and his long curly blonde hair look golden.

"No." I point towards my older sister at the far side, speaking with the Pope near the mast. Standing beside the King. "There the princess you must be looking for." I tell him, and watch with undivided interest as he looked at my half sister then back to me. "Are you Sir NiKlaus?" I ask politely.

"I am." He replies, folding his hands together behind his back. A traditional sophisticated manner that most royals and nobles used to show respect and attention. Such an action I didn't often receive as many didn't believe me to be worth attention.

"Then thank you." I tell him referring to his persuasion to let me out for mass, then glance at the group of guests who had been watching our interaction with interest. "Are they there your family?" I nod in the direction of the others.

"My siblings." Niklaus tells me. I nod, remembering what Francis told me last night about them. "You have siblings as well, we dined with them last night." He invites me to speak about them. I didn't exactly know what to say, but decided to just go with it. The knight was showing interest in me of all people so I wouldn't pass up a time to talk to someone before I had to undoubtedly return to my chambers.