23 Dead Ends

Song is: Heaven Knows by The Pretty Reckless. The photo/gif is self explanatory ;)

"She murdered our own, and broke an allience." Vincent argues, sending me a glare from the alter. I propped my feet up on the pew infront of me. We sat in the nave of St. Anne's Church. Witches around me looked at me with fear and some with judgement. I would've made a comment about judgement day, it being upon us, but Marcel was arguing with Vincent at the front.

"Not our alliance. Yes, she's at fault for that." Marcel sends me a look. I smile back at him, pulling the wrapper off a cherry lolly pop and sticking it into my mouth. His frown dives deeper as I do so. "But Klaus has the sword. With that he can keep her in check. Nothing like that will ever, ever, happen again." The Prince of the City makes his tone loud, not just addressing The Regent, but everyone in the church, standing by in case this went wrong.

"And we're supposed to trust Klaus won't use her as a weapon against us?" Vincent demands. I chuckle slightly, this guy knew who his enemies were, that's for sure. I had just made number one on that list. Yet, that would've scared me a month ago. You don't want to defy any coven, but now I was basically invincible.

"I give you my personal assurance that if she does anything of the sort again, I'll personally, kill her." Marcel says. I roll my eyes.

"Okay, pipe down Star-Lord." I mutter, which makes several head swivel to look at me. Griffith gives me a dark look. Like he was trying to forget I was here.

"She spills one innocent drop of blood," Vincent looks at Marcel. "And everything that happens after, is on you." Hie words weren't threats, but a promise. He steps away from the vampire and glares at me as he passes, the witches following him down the aisle and out of the church. I roll the cherry candy over my tongue, sending a smile at Marcellus.

"That went smoothly." I tell him optimistically, raising from the pew, and brushing off my jeans like I got holy dirt on them from sitting in a church or something.

"Star-Lord?" Marcel crosses his arms, coming down the stairs to look at me with a rose eyebrow.

"Yeah." I nod. "I wouldn't go as far to call myself Thanos... but..." I bite the lolly pop and it shatters in my mouth at the force. Marcel rolls his eyes. "Your turn. Onoskelis?"

"I've had Josh fetch her. He's bringing her to the compound in a few hours. I just have to send him a text." He holds out his hand, and I shake it, sucking on the candy in my mouth. The cherry flavor was sweet. A reason why I usually don't eat candy. Too much sweetness and it made me feel sick. Probably was something in my head that made me feel that way, as my vampire body could handle it. Something psychological. Maybe I'll bring it up to Camille.

"It was great doing business with you." I look him up and down, dropping my hand to my side. "Next time maybe we'll get to the pleasure part of the evening. Until then, I have a demon to hunt." Marcel rolls his eyes, chuckling lightly and I leave him alone in the Church.

---

"You must be Josh." I look him up and down, smiling. "Arthur, show him out. I've some business with Onoskelis." I turn my eyes on the girl. She wasn't shakled. It looked like she came willingly then. Good for me. I watch as Arthur leads Joshua away. I look around the apartment, the one directly across from the compound. And gesture to the dining table. The girl looks at me calmly, but decides it'd be easier to just sit.

"So. Gothic wannabe." I sit across from her, folding my hands together on the table. "How can you lead me to Cain?" She smiles slightly.

"I'm his favorite demon." She says evenly, that strong accent that now I registered came from hell. She and Cain had it. Thats what they both had in common. "And you are his favorite vampire." Onoskelis adds as an after thought. Her eyes were dark, and her black dread locks were pulled back from her petite face.