24 Theatrical

Song: Horns => Bryce Fox. The photo: I think that's also Lucky Blue Smith but I could be wrong.

The sun blinded me as my feet hit solid ground for the first time in three days. The amount of time it took to cross the Atlantic in a massive, rich ship that looked as large as maybe a freight. Like Titanic. Maybe. I couldn't be sure, I've never been a fan of the movies and wasn't in the New World when it sunk, so I couldn't compare it to the Titanic confidently.

I breath in the night city air. Not thick with pollution. But with the smell of the sea. I could hear music, and dancing. The chiming of glasses. Like my arrival was being welcomed with a celebration, and perhaps it was. My family and I turned this city into a place of prosperity and beauty.

Though the mortals don't know that, the local vampires are most certainly rejoicing. I smooth my hands down my crimson red dress, then look over as a recognizable young man approaches. I recognize him immediately. Someone I had long ago brought into the League.

"Louis?" I ask, not concealing the shock of his arrival in my voice. The feathery-haired lad smiles, his eyes crinkling at the sides, the blue of them so vibrant when they meet mine with the widest grin.

"Marie!" His Brit accent flowed with the nickname smoothly. The story was that when we met, at an expensive gathering in London, a few centuries ago, he had misheard me when I introduced myself as Merida. First he thought I said America, then when I clarified, he called me Marie.

When I turned him his hearing was miraculously healed and he was confused as to why I was being called 'Merida'. At that point he got used to calling me Marie, so it stuck.

And here we are.

"You're here?" I pull him into a hug. I actually was a bit taller than the lad, so when he pulled away he looked up at me before glancing behind him. We were standing in the lobby, or office, of the flats near the bridges. Sebastian owns the property so he knew one of them were vacant, and that we could stay there for the duration of our visit.

"April." Louis says in a firm voice, and a petite Italian woman comes up from speaking to the Manager and Bastian. "Take their bags to their rooms." He says, looking at her, compelling her. Suddenly she smiles, turns to me.

"I'll take that for you." She offers and I give her my bag. "Lovely crown." She curtseys and then scurries off. I readjust the flowers on my head. They were roses. I figured it made a statement, seeing as Arthur may be running The League, but he works for me.

"Now." I look at Louis, raising an eyebrow. "Why aren't you in your post in London?" I pause, seeing the slightest crestfallen features and soften, rushing to reassure him. "Not that I'm not happy to see you."

"The coven there forced all the local vamps out. They made some sort of deal with the wolves." Louis shrugs nonchalantly. "We were kicked out of the city a couple days ago. I heard you were heading to Italy and figured I'd meet you here." He studies my face a moment. Which was calm in rage. I clenched my jaw.

"Why didn't Vladimir tell Arthur? I would've sent someone immediately." I snap. Vladimir was the vampire I'm charge of The League contacts in London and the surrounding cities. Being the head of the League, Arthur should've been informed immediately. Therefore, I should've been too. As though sensing my impatience, Louis replies quickly.

"Vlad did tell Arthur." He assures me. Then bites his lip and nervously run his hands through his fringe. "Did you not know?" The English vampire asks. I force myself to drop my angered face. I couldn't exactly teach Arthur a lesson from across the ocean. There was no use in anger that I couldn't do anything about. I'd just rip him a new one when I get back. Perhaps suspend him for awhile from The League.