15 Cain

Attached is the Victim marks. They show up when the Mark of Cain is imprinted on someone. All the victims taken by that sword, get a star on the marked. (Not my image)

The hilt of the sword vibrated as I grew near. I could feel the cold surrounding it. Nervously, I listened to make sure that no one was upstairs in the compound. I could hear NiKlaus on the phone. Kol was nearby and Elijah was. Freya was setting up a destruction spell.

Unfortunately for her, the very thing she wanted to destroy was about to disappear. Literally. I swallow anxiously, looking at myself to make sure I was invisible, and I still was.

I had taken every precaution. Turned my phone to silent. Took the tunnels to enter the compound, and haven't spoken a word. I barely breathed. Finally, I reached out, grabbing the handle. Immediately it comes to life. Humming and fitting into my palm with perfect balance.

It also turns invisible. Anything I touch will be so. I take a deep breath, then carry it downstairs. My eyes land on NiKlaus. Now only feet away. Freya had her table set up. A mix of ingredients.

"If I had a dime for every time someone I thought was dead wasn't dead." NiKlaus exclaims into the phone. I tilt my head slightly, sparing a moment to eavesdrop. "Of course Sebastian. I dare her to show up in New Orleans. If Penelope knows what's good for her, it's to choose the winning side if it comes to a fight." His angered and determined voice makes me grit my teeth. Bastian!! I internally scream at my brother.

"I thought Merida killed her." Elijah says once NiKlaus hangs up with a beep.

"She did. The problem was she had Vampire blood in her system." The younger brother says, sighing deeply.

"Who's?" Elijah asks.

"That's the question, isn't it?" NiKlaus responds, stalking towards the gates to the compound.

"Where are you going?" Kol demands, standing up.

"To find Merida." He answers simply. I groan silently. What did Bastian tell him? That I was going to sacrifice myself or something? That I was making an alliance with Vincent? Questions swarmed in my head.

"What about the sword?" Freya asks.

"The sword can wait." Kol looks at Klaus. "I'm coming with you."

Elijah shares an incredulous look with his older sister. I readjust the sword in my hand, then leave the way I came, my time limit had just been shortened.

I skip to a stop infront of Vincent, right where I left him. With the rush of air, the candles flicker out and suddenly I'm visible again. I hand the sword to him. As I do a burning sensation forms on my arm. I shake it off and turn to Vincent. "A deal's a deal." I agree. He looks at the sword with a strange look on his face. Almost fear but more like disbelief.

"Thank you." He says to me. "I won't forget this. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask." The regent says. I nod, a last respectful look before taking my leave.

I pull up my right sleeve, and my eyes widen slightly, seeing the mark there. It was red, and raised from the skin. My veins around it were black beneath my pale skin. 'Forever your curse will remain' the witch had said. Until I die. Then the Mark will vanish.

I felt dizzy suddenly, and held myself upright by the gate to the cemetery. "Bloody hell." I mutter, right before my vision goes black.

---

I was fine when I woke apart from the heavy tired feeling. I could hear arguing before I flitted my eyes open.

"Destroy the sword!" An angry voice was insisting. The words seemed to echo in my head.