11 Illusion

Attached is Elijah with that little "Touché" look. At least that's what I think when I see it

As I enter the apartment, the aroma of blood hits my senses like a brick. The music was dance, and Cuban from what I could tell. The music grows louder as I enter the main room. The kitchen on the far right, the dining table beside that, and the living area on the left. As well as my little brother, and three women.

Three women who were clearly only here by their own volition, I was sure. Except I could tell from the bite marks all over their bodies which were clad with few mere scraps of clothing that they were robbed of their free will. I looked bored as I entered the room, as though this was a common occurrence, though usually Francis didn't bring his playthings him with him. Until I saw the other arrogant thousand year old vampire there. I felt the urge to pull the white oak stake and kill him now, if only to stop myself from seeing his face popping up everywhere. "Thank the Pagan Gods you're here, I might actually excuse my brother's vile behavior."

Kol turns his golden gaze on me, and Francis laughs at my words. "On the contrary, Love. We're protestants." Kol jokes. I felt the urge to slap him. To scold him like a Queen might but I didn't.

"You're not funny." I look at the three girls, in only enough to hide their most private parts. They danced together sensually in the center of the living room. Francis pulled one to him and sank his teeth into her flesh. For an awful moment I felt like joining their little party to celebrate nothing. Then the back of my head, the part that was my good conscience stopped me. "Here you are, Francis, promising not to feed on the locals to the Vampire King in these parts, Marcellus and yet you've compelled yourself three beauties to keep you company." I snap judgmentally.

"Actually, I paid these beauties to join me in New Orleans from South America." Francis says when he retracted his fangs from the girl. "The internet is a glorious thing, sister." He tells me, then snaps the girls neck who he had just been feeding on. "Oh, to be human and fragile." I rolled my eyes, seeing the grin of amusement glittering across Kol's features.

"Do not encourage this behavior, Kol Mikaelson." I hiss.

"Calm yourself, she had vampire blood in her system." Kol gestures to the body of the girl, and the other two alive girls danced over her like she was nothing.

"And that makes it better." I scoff. Standing close to the dining table where Bastian's files were in neat stacks and pens were scattered about. Just then my older sister comes from the hall, looks from Kol to Francis, not even sparing a glance at me as though I wasn't here. Except this wasn't something new she's done. She often tried to pretend I was invisible.

"Ah, Kol. Glad to see your taste in women has changed." She comments, and though she ignored me, I knew this particular comment was directed at me. And like a fool, my facial features twisted into rage. "I'd take sluts for faux Queens any day." Penelope smiles at him, who visibly clenched his jaw.

I grab a pen from the table and throw it, except her hand grabs it lightning fast. Only a split second before it would've lodged itself into her ear. Penelope's smile drops and she turns to me, looking at the pen in her hands with a cool expression. "Seems I've hit a nerve." She sneers, dropping it onto the hard wood floors. I hold her gaze steadily.

"Ladies. This is not the 12th century. I'd have thought you two would get on now." Kol interrupts, trying to calm the rising tension in the room.

"Unfortunately, my little bastard of a sister's​ paranoia has prevented her from trusting me. I suppose after losing a kingdom the Queen is no more than ordinary." Penelope blinks at me. Fine. She wanted to start fights, then perhaps I'll rip her heart out. She's never been the fighting type. Her weapons were her words.