Chapter 2

I did not know that my life would go upside down from that answer. Cole stood up and smiled and reached out his hand. His skin was pale. I reached out to his hand. His touch was cold as ice and then their was a bright light that blinded me. The light felt warm for a second then it was gone but the light grew bright by the second. I closed my eyes waiting for what would happen. After a while I slowly opened my eyes to find houses and cars. I was alive again.   

   I looked at my hair to see it turn blond. I ran to a window and see my lips turn a light pink I looked back at my right arm to see it was still connected with Cole's hand and something was crawling up my arm. I started to freak out that A snake was crawling up my arm. Cole came towards me and grabbed my arm to stop me."It's okay it's not a snake okay just watch."he told me in a calm voice. I looked at the thing and it turned into a tattoo. It had thorns and it added color all by itself. It reminded me of a vine from a rose. The vine started to burn at first the glow fadley.   

Screaming out in pain for about a second until the pain and light died down. I freaked out waving it from his grasp and looking at with the sun and I yelled at him," What happened to my arm? Tell me now. What did you do to my arm?" I turn at him I was about to grab his shirt while he said with a bright smile,"You made a deal with the devil." I was lost in words. I just stood in place. He acted like a child the rest of the time. Great I am stuck with a freakin devil child. Who does not like that?

"Why." I wined . I turned at him angrily,"Then what do you get out of this? And what's the catch?" He moved his face towards my face and smiling while he was saying,"It's a secret. But lets just say that you're stuck with me. And their is no catch." While he moved his face away from mine and looked at the sky. Great I am stuck with a demon and made a deal with him. After a moment he yelled,"Oh yeah I forgot to ask you. What's your name?" I was shocked and I did not tell him my name. I smiled and said happily."That is my secret." He pouted and acted like a child."Come on tell me please. I told you my name. It's only fair to tell me your name." I did not listen to me and looked somewhere else."Fine then I will call you something else.Since you won't tell me your name." I was scared that the name was going to be embarrassing." How about I call you..." He gave it some time to think of a name for me but I think I am going to hate it if he picks it out.'Lucy. I am going to call you Lucy for now on." When He said the word Lucy something clicked in my head that name was mine. How did I know that was mine. And how did he know my name too.

I was shocked that he knew my name. How did he know my name."H-How did you know my name?" Stuttering while trying to find out he knew my name."I am the devil I know everything about everyone. But I am surprised that you even know that is your real name. Maybe you're going to get little pieces of your past."he said with a straight face.My face was stuck and I was officially scared. Cole on the other hand looked like he was enjoying himself. He had a bright smile while looking at the sky." Well thank you very much for bring me back to life but I have to go now." I said while trying to get away from him. I got maybe two feet then I felt a hand grab my arm. I looked back and saw Cole while an angry face. "What do you think your going. Your stuck with me now." I was shocked and was tried now of him."I am going to find a place to live and start over again. Thanks to you now I can live again." He still had his angry face on and looked around as if he was watch. He pulled my arm to an alley. He pushed me towards the wall. I gasped out from the pain trying to get some air into my system. It really hurt but I did not want to show him that.

"You can't leave." He said so blunt. I got angry because he now I can live again. So I asked him with all the energy I had."Why can't I leave?"His face calmed down a little bit and he said with a serious look still." There are people who want you dead and want your gift to." My heart stopped when he said people wanted me dead. But the thing that confused me was 'My gift'."Sorry but I don't have this 'gift' you say I have. You must have to wrong girl. Sorry to say. But I was an original girl with a normal family." I told him trying to say something mean again." Your mother had the gift so now you have it. You don't remember anything about your mother do you?" He asked with a sad face. But I never met my mother. My dad said she died after giving birth to me. So I looked at the ground with a low voice trying not to cry."No."