Chapter 3

While my head facing the ground I felt a hand on my head. My hair covering my eyes. After awhile of mopping I lifted my head. I looked up to see Cole with a sad face like it was his own mother who died. I felt happy to see him helping me up. But the pain came back when he threw me against the wall." Sorry I threw you." Now his face was looking at the ground. But I had a big smile while saying,"It's okay. I am fine. It was a little pain anyway. And I did deserve it."

The sun was going down and it was getting darker. I really did not like the dark. It always felt scary. I could feel Coles hand messing up my hair."Why don't we go to a hotel for tonight." I nodded and began to look for a hotel. After an hour or two we finally found a hotel." I am sorry but the only room I have is a one bed." I was so shocked but I was to tired to look for another hotel. When we reached the room I looked at Cole who was already moving to a big window looking out it. It was a tiny room with a kitchen a couch with a T.V set and a small bed. The walls were a white color with pretty pictures of landscapes hanging around the room. I put my jacket and his in a small closet that was by the kitchen that was equipped with a small fridge and a small oven to cook on. It felt like a real small house. I was about to go to bed when it hit me when I realized I was with a guy. " I get the bed you can have the couch." He looked at me and with a big smile."I don't sleep. Neither does demons. So you get some sleep. I will watch out." Why don't you or demons sleep?" I was curious why they don't sleep. He looked at me for a second then out the window again."Because god created sleeping so that we demons don't see the pleasure of good." It was so sad that they don't get to see the good in dreams."Nite." I laid my head on the soft pillow and drifted to a deep sleep.

  The next morning I felt the sun's warm but bright rays hitting my face. I did not want to wake up but somehow I did I groaned while getting out of bed. I was looking around seeing that I was in unfamiliar room and then I jumped up still in bed as I remembered every thing that happen to me. My death, Cole being the devil, and me having a "gift". I groaned and went back to bed to see if it was a dream. After two more minutes of sleep I heard a familiar voice by the doorway. I slowly looked up to see Cole with a shopping bag in his hand.

"You're up. I was about to wake you up and see if you were dead again."

He gave me a big smile like it was a happy thing. I groaned again and laid the pillow over my head." Oh come on get up. please let's go and find a way to kill some time before I will talk to you about your 'Gift' before time kills me for waiting for you." After hearing the word "gift". I immediately jumped out of bed.  

When I was about to go to the kitchen. I heard a gunshot and glass was everywhere . And then the sound thud of a body hitting the ground. I was shocked at what I saw when I turned my head and saw Cole on the ground groaning. I rushed to his side shocked as hell. I saw him with tears in my eyes. As the tears came down from my red cheek one single tear hit the arm with the vine. The vine started to glow and burn. But I was not in the mood to grab my arm. So I did not pay attention to it. He tried to get up with a gunshot in his chest. But no blood was coming out. As he stood on his feet I tried to talk him out of standing and go to a hospital instead. He looked as if I was dumb. He his shirt to see no wound on his chest where the bullet was supposed to hit." Did you forget that I am the devil. I won't die from a puny man made weapon."I was glad but spooked that he was still alive even if it was a man made weapon. I just stood there shocked out of my life. I was about to cry and I ran out of the room and out of the hotel. I kept running until my feet could not take any more. I went into an alley. My arm with the vine saying I had a contract was hurting and glowing red like a fire. But then the glowing stopped and turned into a tattoo.

  One second I was in an alley the next I was in a room with chains dangling off the walls and ceiling."W-Where am I?" as I stood up I heard two men maybe more come down the hall." I brought the girl just as you said master."One of the men said as he bend down on one knee as he spoke to a man in fancy clothes. Maybe he was this master he said. The master looked at me with an evil smile." It was not easy finding you Princess Lucilia."