Two

Song of the Chapter: Teenagers, by My Chemical Romance.

We arrive at Emerson's house that he owns with his two older brothers.

When we open the door a guy that looks only a bit older than me is standing in the porch. He is wearing black leather skinny jeans and a black shirt, he has died white hair.

"Hi my name is Remington," the guy says, "I just got back from grocery shopping."

He holds up the bags of groceries in his hands.

"Oh, hi, my name is Kieran."

Remington then looks at Emerson and wiggles his eyebrows.

"So Emerson... is this your girlfriend. How did you find one so quick it's the first day of school," Remington says teasing Emerson and we both blush.

"No no we are not dating she is just a friend," Emerson says quickly then punches his brother in the arm.

"Ouch. Sebastian! Emerson punched me,"

"I don't care," I hear someone from a different room yell.

"Well that's not nice," Remington says. He puts his hands on his hips then walks away pretending to pout.

Emerson chuckles to himself as he watches Remington walk away, "So. What do you want to do?"

"Uh I don't care," I tell him.

He thinks for a bit then his face lights up "I know. The only reason you came here was so I could teach you to play the drums. Shall we head downstairs?" He asks.

I cringe when he says the only reason but I ignore it.

"Ladies first," he says as he opens a door that must lead to their basement and he gestures for me to go down.

I smile at him and walk down the stairs and he follows closing the door behind him.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and look around the area. The walls are painted grey with purple decorations and there are instruments and speakers every where.

"Don't your neighbors complain about the noise?" I ask him.

He shrugs, "I don't think they really hear it. Good insulation."

"Lucky. My neighbor would probably try to find a way to sue me or something," I tell Emerson with a laugh.

He laughs along with me then walks towards a drum set, "first I'll teach you a simple beat." He tells me as he picks up his drum sticks

"OK," I say to him as he pats the stool behind the drums as a gesture to sit down.

As I sit down Emerson says, "you play drums in beats of four and you can have eight or sixteenth notes."

I look at him confused.

"Here," he says and hands me the drum sticks. "As you hit the high hat it's easier if you just say 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and. Then you hit the bass on 1 and 3 and the snare on 2 and 4."

"What?" I ask. This makes no sense.

"Let me show you," he says and I stand up. He sits down.

"So you are going to hit the high hat on every note. As you hit it it is easier if you say 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and." He does it as a demonstration. "Then you hit the bass on 1 and 3 and the snare on 2 and 4." He demonstrates again.

"Oh I get it now," I tell him as he stands up and hands me the drum sticks.

"Good that means that it is your turn," he tells me.

I sit down again and copy what he did.

"There you go," he tells me "I'll teach you a couple more things."

We practice for about two more hours and by the end I can play a couple of cool beats.

We go upstairs and I see a guy sitting in their living room.

"Who is he?" I whisper to Emerson not so quietly.

Emerson laughs. "Oh I forgot. Kieran this is Sebastian. Sebastian this is Kieran my friend."

"Hi," Sebastian says to me.

"Hi."

Sebastian looks at Emerson, "your friend huh." He says with a smile.

"Shut up," Emerson says. "Do you know where Remington is?"

"Yeah he's in the kitchen?" He tells Emerson.

"OK thanks," Emerson says as he walks through a door that must lead to the kitchen. I follow him and wave to Sebastian.

We walk into the kitchen and I see Remington and some girl who is tallish with long brown hair with the ends dyed purple and she is wearing a simple gray tank top and a pair of black skinny jeans. They are singing along to Teenagers by MCR while baking cookies.

The girl sees us and waves and Remington continues to sing and dance around the room ignoring us.

Emerson walks over to someone's phone that is plugged into a speaker and turns off the music.

"Hey! That's the second time you have been mean to me today," Remington says jokingly to Emerson.

"Yeah whatever. What are you guys up to?" Emerson asks them.

"Just baking cookies," the girl says then turns to me. "Oh by the way my name is Kailey. I'm Remington's girlfriend." She explains.

"Oh cool. My names Kieran I'm Emerson's friend," I tell Kailey.

"Sweet. I hope we can be friends," she tells me and I nod my head.

"Yeah that would be cool,"

"Hey I was gonna ask you guys if you would like to eat out with us. I think we were gonna head to that one pizza place downtown," Remington says to us.

"Uh yeah sure pizza sounds good. What do you think Kieran?" Emerson says.

"Uh yeah pizza sounds great," I tell him.

"Great let's go," Remington says while he walks out of the kitchen.

"Wait what about the cookies?" Kailey asks Remington.

"Tell Sebastian to look after them," he tells her.

"OK. Then we can have cookies for dessert,"

~time skip to pizza place~

We arrive at the pizza place and hop out of Remington's car.

We walk into the small pizza place and sit down at a table by a window. When we sit down I look round the building. I have been here a bit. Not very many times though. The walls are covered with a flowery wallpaper and the tables are a light brown. It is a nice place to have a meal with your family or go on a date. I'm just saying.

After a bit of waiting a waitress comes by and asks us what we would like to drink.

"Uh I'll just have a water," Kailey says to the waiter.

"Yeah I'll have the same," I tell the lady.

"And I'll have a Pepsi," Emerson says.

The waitress turns to Remington, "what would you like?"

Remington thinks for a bit making it seem like he can't decide "Do you have any low fat soy lattes with hot milk and two shots of espresso with Nutella flavoring?" He finally asks. I see the waitress give a suprised face.

"Oh uhhh, no we don't?"

"Aww. I guess I'll have a Pepsi then," Remington says to the waitress as she walks away.

We wait till she's out of ear shot and we all burst out laughing and can't stop ourselves.

"Did you see her face though?"

A/N Remington does not actually have a girlfriend named Kailey. @sweetstylin requested it to me.