Sixteen

Song of the chapter: Go Go, by BTS.

"I'm going to miss you," I tell Emerson as I twirl his brown hair around my fingers.

We're laying on my bed after a long day at school and are watching The Outsiders.

"Are you really gonna miss me?" Emerson asks as he lifts his head off of my stomach and I smile.

"Of course,"

"Will you wait for me?" He asks and my smile disappears.

"Pardon?"

"Well . . . When you graduate and I won't be here. Are you going to wait for me until I get back?"

"Well the tour will be over before we graduate. Right?"

"Um actually after this tour we are going on another than we are visiting some family in Canada for a month," he tells me and the news is new.

"What?!? Why are you just telling me!?!"

"I knew how you would react,"

"I . . . You can't just ask me to wait for you!" Emerson stands up gracefully and I roll off the bed and stumble to my feet.

"I'm not asking you to wait!" He yells and I dig my nails into my palms.

"Actually, you obviously are!"

"So I guess you're not gonna wait!" He yells and tears threaten to fall from my eyes.

"I guess I'm not! Like I would wait for you, anyway!"

Emerson stares at me silently then picks his jacket up off the floor and walks out of my room with out looking back.

I slowly sink to my knees and the tears finally fall from my eyes.

He left. I wish I had said that I would wait. Maybe we will enjoy our next week together our next week together but after he leaves I will graduate and he will never come back to this place. And neither will I.

"Stay gold,"  I look up at the TV screen and more tears fall from my eyes as I see what part the movie is at.

~~~~~~~~~~~
"So he just blew up at you?" Cole asks loudly over the roar of the mall food court.

"Yeah. I mean . . . Did he expect me to wait for him like a girl whose waiting for her older husband to return from war?!?" I ask and Cole giggles at my choice of who to compare us to.

"It's not funny Colton," I say as a smile creeps onto my face.

"Sorry sorry," Cole says and puts her hands up.

"Yeah it's fine," I take a bite of my burger and Cole squeals.

"Ooh look who's here," Cole points to the other end of the food court. "Declan."

Cole stands up and waves to Declan until he starts to make a bee line towards us.

"Hello Colton, Kieran," Declan says and winks at me making me blush.

Kieran! Why are you blushing?!? You have a boyfriend!

"Hi Declan," I finally say after a few awkward seconds.

"Sit down," Colton says with a smile and clears her bags off of the seat beside her.

"OK, thanks," he says with a smile as he sits down and sets a pink shopping, and bag on the floor.

"So what brings you here?" I ask and offer him a fry making Cole pout at me.

"I actually had to get my little sister a birthday present," he says as he grabs a fry and pops it in his mouth pointedly staring at Cole.

"Oh, that explains the pink bag," I say pointing to the bag on the floor.

"Oh no that's actually mine," he says with a blank face and we all sit quietly for a couple of seconds before bursting out laughing.

~~~~~~~
"Kieran wake up!" I hear the muffled voice of my twin brother Cade yell through the closed door and I groan.

"One more hour!" I yell as I lift my head off of my pillow to look at the time.

8:36.

"Oh shhhhhhh-"

"Language!" I hear my mom yell as she walks by my heavy wooden door.

I laugh a bit as I jump out of bed and slip on a pair of gray skinny jeans and a purple sweatshirt.

I run across the hallway to the washroom were I splash some water on my face and quickly do my makeup.

'Ugh 5 minutes,' I think to myself as someone bangs on the door shaking me out of my thoughts.

"One minute!" I yell louder then expected.
"Sorry!"

I finish up In the bathroom and rush out past Sage.

"Slow down!" She yells at me as I take the stairs two at a time laughing as I bump into Cade and we both start laughing.

"Come on we have two minutes," he quickly slips his lunch into his bag and I smile.

I missed mornings like this. Before everything happened every morning was like this.

A/N so.... It took me forever to finish this chapter. I could say I was busy or something but honestly I've just been lazy. Also THANK YOUUUU FOR 2K+ reads. Bai!