Ten

Song of the chapter: Empire to Ashes by Sleeping With Sirens. (This song has nothing to do with the chapter. I just like it.)

"We're home!!" Remington yells into the almost empty house as we walk through their front door covered in water and sand.

"Were where you?" I hear the voice of their older brother Sebastian ask as he walks out of the living and into the kitchen, which we had just made our way into.

"Swimming!" Emerson and Remington say at the same time causing us all to laugh.

"Cool, I've just been here hanging out.... by myself!" Sebastian says jokingly.

"Oops, sorry. Next time we will invite you. I promise," Remington says as he crosses his fingers behind his back causing us to laugh again.

"Anyways, I should probably get home, my sister is probably angry at me for just leaving earlier," I say and everyone turns to look at me making me blush.

"OK, I'll drive you home," Emerson offers and I shake my head.

"No need,"

"Sure I will,"

"No you don't have to,"

"Yes I do," Emerson insists and I give in.

"Fine," I say and we head out to Remington's car and drive home in silence.

We make it to my house and Emerson parks the car in my driveway.

"So I will pick you up tomorrow at five thirty," he says as I open my door and look back at him.

"I'll be waiting," I walk into my house and watch Emerson drive away.

"Where have you been?" I hear my sister ask behind me and I don't answer.

"I asked you a question," she says and I walk up to my room not looking at her and I can tell that I was making her more angry.

I stop at my door and turn around and look at my sister who is standing at the bottom of the stairs with hr hands on her hips.

"I was with that boy you saw earlier," I say as I walk into my room and shut the door behind me.

~the next day~

I tap my fingers in the table nervously as I wait for Emerson to pick me up for our date. I look at the time, 4:56. Emerson should be here soon.

"You look pretty," I hear someone say bahind me and I turn around to see my sister.

"Thank you," I say not wanting to be too rude.

"May I ask why?" She asks and I nod my head.

"I'm going on a date," I say as I turn back around and continue to stare out the window.

"I wish I could've helped you get ready," Sage says and I turn back around and look at her angrily.

"You lost that privelige when you left!" I yell at her as I hear a knock at the door. I walk towards the door and swing it open.

"Hello beautiful," Emerson says as I link my arm in his and pull him out the door and slam it behind us.

We get into Emerson's car, then he starts to question me.

"What was that all about?" He asks as he put the car into drive and starts to drive where ever we are going to eat.

"I'm sorry. My sister. She just just makes me so... mad." I say and Emerson turns to look at me when we stop at a red light.

"May I ask why?" He says and I nod my head.

"But can we go somewhere quiet?" I ask and he nod his head before making a quick U-turn and heading back in the direction of his house.

We make it to Emerson's house and skip going through the front door, but we go into their back yard.

"What are we doing?" I ask Emerson as he leads me to a tree in the corner of the yard.

"Why are we here?" I ask.

"Because the people who lived here before us must have had kids, because there is a tree house," he tells me as I see a ladder type thing on the other side of the tree.

"Ladies first," he says and I climb up the ladder into a small tree house that I couldn't see in the dark night.

Emerson climbs up after me and we sit in the tree house in silence for a couple of seconds.

"It's nice up here," I tell him and he smiles.

"Yeah it is, are you going to tell me your story now?" He asks but it doesn't sound rude.

"Yeah, yeah OK, " I take a deep breath. "Well uh five years ago my uh... my dad died. And that left my sister in pieces, and she just left. She never considered that maybe my mom and I needed her. That we were also in pieces. I loved my dad and we were so close. My sister only cares about herself. She left me depressed and alone. My mom, she didn't know. She didn't know about me being depressed. Mostly because I shut her out. She just thought it was a phase. And now, my sister comes back like everything is fine after five years. And now... and now I don't know what to do," I tell Emerson and I start to cry.

"Shhh, it's okay," Emerson tells me as he pulls me into a hug and I cry into his shoulder.

"It's so stupid you know," I say as I pull away from Emerson and do a stupid sniffly cry laugh thing. "Some people don't even have families. So many people have it worse and here I am. Crying about my problems to you like I'm the only one who matters." I tells Emerson and he shakes his head.

"No, don't say that Kieran. What your sister did was wrong, but maybe you should give her a second chance," Emerson tells me and I shake my head.

"Maybe I should Emerson. Maybe I should,"