Eight

Song of the chapter: They Don't Need to Understand by Andy Black.

"So Emerson," I say as we walk to his house playfully bumping into each other.

"Yes Kieran," he says looking at me.

"What shall we do at your house?"

"Uhh... we could... I don't know," he admits shrugging his shoulders.

"Hm, better think of something or else I might leave," I say jokingly as we get to his house and we walk in.

"Hey I'm home!" Emerson yells to no one in particular.

"I'm also here!" I yell as well then I hear someone running.

"Oh Kieran you are so much funner than Emerson!" Says an excited Remington who has ran to greet us in the living room.

"Hey Remington a) that's not a word and b) how are you?" I ask not knowing what else to say.

"Oh you know.... I'm good. How are you? Just yesterday Emerson was saying how mad he was at you now you are here," he says quickly and I see Emerson glare at him out of the corner of my eye and I laugh a little.

"I'm fine thanks for asking. And Emerson being mad at me was just a...... misunderstanding?" I say and look at Emerson.

"Yeah a misunderstanding," he clarifies.

"Cool, well Kailey and I are gonna go to the beach. You guys want to come?" He asks and I nod my head. I like Kailey. She is kind of like Colton I should get them to meet sometime.

"Sure," Emerson says shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah but we will have to swing by my place to grab my swim suit," I tell them and Emerson winks.

"You don't need a bathing suit," I feel my face go a deep shade of red.

"Emerson!" I say punching his arm and I hear Remington chuckle.

"OK well I am going to pick up Kailey then we are gonna go around four thirty," Remington says as he grabs his keys and heads out the door.

"What shall we do for now?" Emerson questions as we sit down on their larhe couch and I think for a couple of Seconds.

"We could walk to my house and grab my swim suit so we can drive straight to the beach," I suggest and Emerson nods his head.

"Sure,"

We get to my house and I remember that my sister was staying home today and I mentally curse at myself.

"OK you wait here and I will be right back," I say quickly and start to walk inside and Emerson stops me.

"Wait I'll go with you he says giving me puppy dog eyes and I give in.

"Fine but if my sister is there just ignore her," I say and he gives me a questioning look but doesn't say anything.

We walk inside without saying anything and I run up the stairs taking two steps at a time leaving Emerson downstairs. I grab my swim suit from my drawer then head back downstairs and find Emerson talking to Sage.

"OK we should go," I tell Emerson as I grab his arm completely ignoring Sage.

"Wait Kieran aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?" Sage asks and I turn around.

"fine, Sage meet Emerson, Emerson meet Sage," I say quickly then turn around grab Emrsons arm again and drag him out of the house ignoring Sage's protests.

"What was that about?" Emerson asks sounding annoyed as we start walking back to his house.

"I don't know what you are talking about," I say and Emerson rips his arm out of my grip.

"I think you do," he says sounding angry.

"And I don't want to talk about it!" I yell angrily and continue to walk so Emerson won't see the tears in my eyes.

"Kieran wait!" I hear Emerson yell as he runs up to me and looks sad. "I'm sorry. I should have realised that you don't want to talk about it."

"No its fine I just... ugh I don't know. My sister just makes me so mad!" I say.

We continue the rest of our walk in silence.

"Why is that?" Emerson asks and I don't answer. I know that if I do I will break down and cry.