Nine

Song of the chapter: Juarez by Gerard Way.

We get to the river and we all pile out of Remington's car.

"Swimming!" Remington shouts throwing his arms in the air.

"Swimming!" Kailey yells copying Remington and throwing her arms in the air.

Remington chases Kailey around the beach as Emerson and I grab the stuff from the car and setting them down at a place that doesn't have many people around.

"So shall we swim?" I ask Emerson as we set the last of the stuff down and Kailey and Remington join us again.

"Yeah sure," he says as he takes off his shirt so he is only in his swimming trunks.

I take off my dress I had grabbed at my place, revealing a blue swimsuit.

"Race you there!" I yell as Emerson is busy checking me out.

I start to run to the water.

"What? But... no fair!" He yells and he starts running.

I crash into the water it slowing my steps down but I keep on sluggishly running until the water is up to my waist.

I turn to see where Emerson is and he crashes into me.

We both start laughing.

"Payback," I say and I start to splash him with water and he does the same.

"Woah, woah, mercy," I say between fits of giggles and water hitting me in the face. "I give up," he comes up to me and hugs me.

"What is this for?" I ask and look up into his kind eyes.

"For everything," he says and I smile.

"You still owe me big," I tell him as I pull out of the hug and splash him in the face with water and we both start to laugh again.

"Come on I'll race you to that buoy," I say and start to swim as fast as I can. I see Emerson pass me which just make me swim faster, but I was cursed with slow swimming.

Emerson beats me to the buoy and splashes water at me in a way to show he won.

"Hey I can't swim, don't rub it in," I say as I splash him back and we end up getting into a huge water fight that Remington and Kailey join into.

We all end up drenched in water as we trudge through the water making our way back to the beach.

We all collapse into the towels we had layed out and wipe off the sand that covers our skin. Ugh that is one thing I do not like about beaches.

"Hey Emerson, how about we go grab the drinks from the car," Remington says standing up and Emerson stands up as well agreeing to go with him leaving Kailey and I alone.

"So," Kailey says as the boys are out of sight and I give her a confused look.

"So, what?"

"So, are you and Emerson dating?" I laugh at the question and shake my head.

"No we are just friends," I say and Kailey shakes her head.

"Just wait," she says right as the boys come back with the drinks, leaving me to wonder what she means.

~two hours later~

We start to pack up all of our beach stuff as the sun starts to go down leaving us in the chilly evening air.

Kailey and Remington head off to the car and Emerson and I trail behind.

"So, what did you and Kailey talk about?" He asks as he picks up his towel and swings it over his shoulder.

"Nothing really," I tell him as we walk through the warm sand making our way to Remington's car.

"Oh well, uh, Kieran there's something I've been wanting to ask you," he says looking a little uncertain.

"Yeah, what have you been wanting to ask me?" I ask in a playful mood and we both stop walking and drop the bags we were carrying.

"Kieran, will you go on a date with me?" Emerson asks as he grabs my hands.

"Uh." Do I trust him? Will he break my heart again without even knowing it? I hope not. "Yes."

A/N hi. I was wondering if I should make a story how Kailey and Remington met. I've been thinofking of it, and it would be that Kailey is Andy Biersack's younger sister and she goes on the homecoming tour with him, and meets Remington. Tell me if you think if that would be a good idea. 😊