Chapter 8

(Y/n)'s POV

"Okay, what's wrong?", Asuma asked as he set down his control. I paused the game and looked at him confused "What do you mean?", I asked "You're obviously sad about something", he said a little worried "No, I'm not", I said coolly "Yes you are, because you lost to me 3 times now and you don't seem to put up much of a fight and then there is that look you're giving your character, like seriously what's wrong?", he asked as I smiled at how well he knew me.

He was my best friend I shouldn't hide anything from him. He was always there for me and so was I for him.

I sighed "Fine, I'll spill. I'm worried", I said and he waited for me to continue but seeing as I didn't say anything else he spoke "About what?", he asked me "I'm worried about our friendship", I said as he laughed but then he stopped when he saw how serious I was "Oh... You're that worried huh?", he then pulled me into a hug "Don't (n/n) no matter what happens we will forever be best friends, now tell me what's really bothering you", he whispered into my ears lightly as a blush raised to my cheeks.

I sighed again, I should've known that he would catch on. I broke apart from him and looked him in the eye "Asuma, there is something I've been meaning to tell you", I said, my confidence slightly wavering. He looked at my confused and surprised at my determination.

"What is it?", he asked, my eyes search his eyes for any emotion "I-I l-l-like-", I was cut off when Nathan ran into the room "(Y/n), mom said to start doing your home work or she wouldn't let Asuma over till the next 2 weeks!", Nathan said sticking his tongue out and then leaving my bedroom.

"Yea, so what was it that you wanted to tell me?", he asked "Um, never mind", I said and was about to get up but he pulled me back down "Actually (y/n) there is something I want to tell you too", he said looking me into my eyes. My eyes widen at the same emotion he had given me before.

I nodded my head and somehow, my eyes flickered to his lips and back to his eyes that seem to stare right into my soul. He started to lean in "I li-", he was suddenly cut off by his phone. He separated from causing my heart to ache. He pulled out his phone and his eyes widen in surprise but then it shined with a light that I only had the honour of seeing then I mentally curse myself when I heard him say the contact name.

"Its Kurenai", he said a bit too happy and then he got up "I'm coming back", he said as he left me there confused.

'Damn that Kurenai!', I thought angrily.

'If I don't do something soon, Asuma will be long gone', I thought once more.

I had to do something.

I couldn't let my mistake of not telling him how I feel for him stop me from getting my best friend back. Even if he wasn't gone yet. I knew that if I don't do something early, I would regret it later on.