Baby's Day Care

A/N: Oh look, another one-shot featuring Seto as a dad...with a baby OC that was inspired by an RPing friend. -_- xD Serophia's a toddler here. :3 This fic belongs with Life's Changes, The Perfect Gift, and No Room for Doubt.

The air was clear, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, bunnies were frolicking, flowers were blooming, trees were smiling; everything screamed 'Spring' in general. Yes, the day was wonderful. Nothing could ruin it, right? Wrong!

Well, he wouldn't go so far as to say it was really that ruined. The situation was just...a tad bit uncomfortable.

Earlier today, some circumstances had pushed him into his current predicament. Yes, he loved his wife very much, but this instance was just another one of those moments when he was slightly peeved about Kisara's ability to convince him to do just about anything—even if he didn't think it was a brilliant idea, and even if he knew it was for his own good. He hated himself too—for being susceptible to her sweet requests and her irresistible smile. Just how did all of that even happen?

Kisara's freelance career had required her presence to the agency she worked for, and she really could not turn down the offer. Make no mistake that Kaiba was indeed a busy man himself, but chances had granted that today was his day off—of all days, and this had to happen. Why was Fate so cruel and why did she hate him so much?

It wasn't that he loathed spending time with his two-year old daughter, he wanted to, in fact, be around with his little family for as often as he could, but everyone knew that was hardly possible. That did not mean he stopped trying his best to, at least, be home by seven to help Kisara take care of the baby. His family's source of livelihood often snagged his precious time, and if he could, he would avoid it. Alas, such instances were inevitable for a hotshot twenty-one-year old CEO whose gaming corporation was at the very top of the industry. Overseas business meetings and conferences, and gaming tournaments always managed to snatch his valuable time and he had no choice but to show face in all of them. Mokuba was finishing off his senior year in high school, and that meant his little brother couldn't be around Seto as often as he had been used to, and that made the brunette even busier.

This day off during Mokuba's Spring break was a minute reprieve that he was all too happy to acknowledge. He was a parent for two years already, and he was still unsure about how being a father actually worked. Sure, he was there and he was watching his daughter grow up, and he had aided Kisara in nurturing the child, but there was still something missing—a piece of something he couldn't quite figure out yet. And that was annoying.

He had woken up this morning to see his wife coming out of the shower, wrapped in a towel. She mentioned something about going out today to a gathering that required her presence. It was for work, so of course, Seto relented. Kisara was a sociable person, and he hated for her to be cooped up in a fortress of a house when she could be out doing something productive and admittedly good for her well-being. His wife was a wonderful mother, and she deserved a break. Wasn't that why children were often required to have parents? Two people to support one another in aiding another vulnerable person to learn the workings of the world they constantly moved around in.

He planned to do a little bit of work, and a nurse could probably take care of the toddler for a while. He figured as much, but then Kisara had to mention that most of the workers around the house were at a day-off too. He had almost forgotten about that. The house was clean enough for one day, so basically, there was no one around today—save for the master of the mansion, his vacationing little brother, and the security force (that mostly stayed outside the house).