28: King & Queen

The VampMaiden sat at her throne, a chalice of blood swinging back in forth in her hand. Eversince their initial attack to take the Death Goddess from their contractor, she was anxious and excited at the prospect of fighting the demon lord himself.

Every single member of Sitri's group was described as 'Lethally Dangerous'; each of them having the power to overthrow them, the Purgatorial Trinity. The vampire, the two goddesses, the devil-girl, the psychotic child.

What enticed her the most though, is of course, their leader. The Demon Lord, Sitri.

She felt it very clearly, the power he radiated when they came to his domain. She couldn't help but chuckle at that. It felt suffocating, as if you won't even think about anything other than praying for a merciful death.

Oh how she would love to fight him.

A rhythmic footstep sounded at the hallway on her far north, with a single dark figure walking there. At first she noticed his white eyes, then the glistening onyx horns atop his head. And finally, his familiar aura.

"VampMaiden." Sitri spoke in a cold voice, standing some few meters away from the girl.

"Welcome," the vampire stood, and slowly walked down the steps from her throne. "Demon Lord Sitri."

"You have guts to stand in my way, vampire." Sitri walked forward, and with each step, flaming black outlines seem to cover his whole body. "I hope you're prepared to face the consequences of what you three did. Do you know who I am?"

"Leader knows a lot of things about you, but honestly, I don't care." She threw the chalice in the air, smirking. "Everyone just falls down beneath my heel, after all. Why would I bother knowing someone who's basically dead?"

As the golden cup touched the ground, the blonde seemed to vanish in Sitri eyes. "Hmp." Sitri repeatedly blink, adjusting his sight to her speed. With a sudden jerk, he moved his hand in front of his face, guarding himself from a straight jab.

"Oh, pretty fast reflexes for an oldy!" She vanished again, making Sitri blink a couple more thousand times in a second.

The incoming blows seemed to come from an invisible phantom, but the force it packed felt more than real. With the girl suddenly jumping above, she swung her feet downards, making the demon raise both of his arms. The ground beneath him cracked, then eventually, it gave out.

They both fell down, where they're seemingly falling down from the sky. The fighting continued, without Sitri making any comebacks.

"Guard this." VampMaiden pointed her palm at him. "Eviscerate: Pierce!" A small line of purple emerge from her hand, with just the size of a hair. Despite it's size, it tore through Sitri's arms, and across his torso.

Looking down, Sitri noticed that his arms are starting to melt. "What is this?"

"Nifty, right?" VampMaiden winked. "Why don't you try some more?"

"Eviscerate: Thousand Pierce!" Several thin purple lines emerged again, this time hitting the demon in every spot possible.

At least, that's what would have happened if Sitri didn't make his move.

"Circle Tres: Space Eater." A dark sphere covered him, with the VampMaiden's attacks harmlessly bouncing off of it. When he cancelled it out, the vampire queen was gone.

"Eviscerate: Devastation!" A voice yelled far behind Sitri. When he turned, all he saw was a huge, blinding purple light travelling towards him in light speed.

The collosal attack hit the unsuspecting demon head on, along with her floating castle at the sky. The attack continued on into the outer space, with its sheer force still reverberating around her.