25: A Monster

Sitri noticed that they were escaping, but made no move to intercept them. Instead, he began to run towards his palace, his teleportation ability still defective.

Though the Demon Lord may usually use his troublesome ability, his natural speed is no laughing manner. In a matter of seconds, he had reached the porch of his mansion from his former position; roughly fifty meters in distance.

The white-haired boy nearly knocked the double doors off its hinges as he ran through it. Hearing the sounds of things being blown into smithereens, it was pretty easy finding the temporary battlefield inside his gigantic house.

'So, you think her and this VampMaiden is just the same person?' Truth uttered between his pants. 'And stop running! I'm already freaking tired douchébag!'

'Douchébag? That's rich coming from you.' The demon lord mentally deadpanned.

On the other hand, Sitri still kept his stoic expression as he ran. Full on sprint lowered down to a jog, then finally, a walk. He calmly approached the doors leading to his living room. He can already hear the banter between an obviously annoyed Thalia, a serious Celleya, and a not-so-foreign voice coming from a girl.

Opening the doors, he was instantly met by what seemed like crimson needles soaring through the air. It flew towards him in breakneck speed, piercing Thalia who's in front of him like a wet paper. With a suddenly flick to the right of his head, he nonchalantly dodged the surprise attack.

"Now, anyone care to tell me what happened to my living room?" Sitri eyed the various craters decorating his floor, along with the countless same needles that tried to puncture him adorning the ceilings and walls.

"Nii-chan!" Celleya warily ran towards him, a small trickle of blood flowing down her forehead. Several cut marks grazed her usual white dress, but other than that, she looks fine.

"Celleya?" Sitri rose an eyebrow at the wound at her head. 'This VampMaiden managed to make Celleya bleed.' Sitri pondered. "Are you feeling alright?"

"Well, mostly." she wiped a stray trickle of blood above her eyelids. "She's pretty strong, onii-chan. She's also fending off Thalia-nee's attacks like they're nothing."

A soft ripple washed over Sitri's figure, but before he can even feel it, it was gone. He looked forward again, and was surprised to see what had happened.

The second he took off his attention away from the three girls was already enough for a lot of things to happen. Thalia was suddenly nailed at a wall in a cross position, effectively cancelling her regeneration. Meanwhile, Celleya had been struck by the numerous needles The VampMaiden threw at her, making her fall to the ground with a thud.

"The weak serves only one thing to the strong: be squashed under their heels." Mimi spoke, sadistic glee laced throughout her whole speech.

Sitri rapidly blinked his eyes, effortlessly overlooking through the simple illusion. Raising his right hand, he muttered some words. "I'm afraid illusions like this won't have any effect on me, VampMaiden." Everything seemed to wave like a liquid, and within a blink, everything was back to normal.

"Brother?" Celleya whispered, looking all fine except her wound. Thalia's still battling against her fellow vampire, without any signs of being impaled in her hands or head.

"Hah, I'll be disappointed if it does." The blonde vampire jumped from place to place, dodging Thalia's barrage of Dark Orbs. Two of her crimson-tinted nails elongated, the index fingers reaching the length of one meter. "And for you, greeny vampire,"