32: Happy Ending

Lesha flashed a small smirk behind her, eyeing the quadro of bodies tied to pillars of varied colors. There was white, purple, green and yellow, each girl with the most matching color attached to them. "They're all subdued now. The plan is going as it is."

She turned to a yawning Ani on her left, a small trace of wariness lacing every piece of her words. "You've filled your side of contract, Nemesis the Ignescere."

"Gee, stop calling me with that name!" The blonde dressed in black and white took some steps towards a nearby chair, sitting. "That doesn't sound cute at all."

Lesha decided to walk near her current hostages, watching as the energies in each of them slowly sucked out by their corresponding gem pillars. As she tried hard to ignore the demands of candies and food behind her by a certain kid, a subtle thought passed through her mind.

'I half expected Ani to capture Sitri's subordinates one by one, but to think that she captured the other three all at once...' A bead of sweat rolled down behind her head. 'The fact that she subdued Hexhine the Death Goddess alone herself is already incredible, but now, she also captured Tamamo the Fate Goddess, and two more people able to stand their own ground against beings like gods and celestials. Tamamo surrendered, yes, but stil...'

'She truly does deserve to be called Sitri's nemesis. No, she's even beyond that.' The blue haired goddess thought to herself.

"You look deep in thought." The subject of her musing suddenly spoke beside her, tilting her head. "You'll look older that way."

"Why do you serve that demon lord?" Lesha blurted out without thinking. She didn't regret it though. "You're as powerful as him, if not stronger."

"The answer to that is simple," Ani turned her gaze to an asleep Hexhine, smiling. "he is my master."

"Nonsense. You just captured two goddesses by yourself." The light goddess glanced to her temporary comrade, a questioning voice used. "A feat only the original Sitri and Truth able to do. His current self is weaker."

Lesha rose an eyebrow when the rhythmic beating at Ani's chest stopped, along with her breathing. The blonde slowly craned her head towards Lesha, her eyes darkened by her hair above it. "You dare to say that in front of me?" Her left eye twitched. "Master is not weak."

"Yes he is, and you definitely know it." The goddess met her glare dead on, wavered with nothing. "And don't give me an idiotic answer like 'love', since that wouldn't be you at all."

At that, the murderous child seemed to calm down, her breathing and heartbeat coming back to normal. "You're right. I don't love master." A tiny smile graced her face, her thoughts lost in her own world of dreams. "I adore him. He had always been with me, no matter who I was. He's the only person that can understand me."

Lesha contemplated at what the girl just said. 'She must be talking about her time as Auri and her current self.' Inwardly, she gritted her teeth. 'Still, that doesn't explain why you're so head-over-heels for him. I admit he's good looking...'

'Okay, he's handsome. But this nutcase of a kid doesn't look like to go for sex-appeals.' She sighed, all of the thinking she just did making her limited mind hurt for a bit.

Going back to their current situation, she walked back to a door behind her, leaving Ani alone inside the room with her 'friends'. She concluded that Quasar must already be defeated too by this time, and it won't be long till the demon find his way towards her private dimension. "Oh well."