29: Transition

The whole world around them slowly appeared before their eyes. After defeating his first opponent from the Purgatorial Trinity, Sitri found himself standing in front of his palace at Tokyo.

"So this is where I start again, huh?" He asked the disillusioned vampire behind him, the blonde kneeling quietly. "Too bad that castle of yours was just your base, and not really the main one." Sitri looked down at her mockingly. "Well, that really isn't that big of a problem."

"I'll just crush each one of you fools."

Mimi recoiled after hearing his voice. Shaking, she tried standing up, but the 'despair' inside her lingered still, ultimately rendering her in a cowering mess. After a minute of stumbling and falling, she finally managed to stand straight.

Sitri smirked when he saw the vampire queen walking away from him. "And where do you think you're going, Sakurai Mimi?"

"You've... defeated me already, didn't you?" She tried hard to conceal the small quivers behind her voice.

"Hmp." The demon closed his right eye, a light grin forming under it. "What made you think that I'll let you escape?"

Mimi stopped dead in her tracks, slowly turning around. "W-What do you mean by that? You won already, so let me go!"

"Oh, you poor thing." He opened his eye, revealing an iris as dark as the night. "Everyone who loses at the hands of the Demon Lord never gets away."

The vampire narrowed her eyes at that. "Just as we've expected. You really are a disgusting de--"

In a blink, Sitri covered her mouth with a finger, making the blonde stumble back in surprise. "You do not have the right to speak, Mimi. So just shut up." He looked down menacingly at the fallen vampire, his eyes glinting white for some reason.

Behind Mimi's facade, her mind was already in a state of distress. 'Is... this it? I'm never going to avenge my sister after all...'

She did not notice Sitri leaning slightly towards her, a hand being offered to the VampMaiden. "Get up."

The girl just glared at his hand, refusing to take it by looking to the side.

"Stop being stubborn, Mimi. Or have you already given up on avenging your sister?" The blonde snapped back her sight at him.

"H-How did you know that?" For a second there, her tough and mischievous personality before seemed to crumble down, opening up to show a normal and terrified girl.

The demon smiled small, then tapped a finger to the ground below them. It shone in a deep black light, engulfing the two inside it. Mimi braced herself for some kind of pain, but none came. Instead, she found herself sitting at a soft sofa, recognizing it as the room she destroyed when she attacked the Demon Lord's palace.

"Sakurai Mimi. It's been a long time." Sitri spoke from the other side of the table, sitting at a similar couch like hers. "To think that you've even joined a powerful group."

"Stop talking like you're close to me." The vampire snarled.

Sitri shook his head, all the while sighing. "So you do not remember me now, Mimi?"

"I said stop it! What are you talking about?!" She stood up, yelling.

The demon looked on pity at the blonde girl. It looks like somebody had tampered with her memories, though he can't really blame them. Those were bad ones, and would be better if she did forgot them.

He couldn't help but to think that he did the same exact thing with his servant-sister, Ani.

'It would be better if she will not remember it... for me and for her. But, I am not a coward as to just deny her the truth.' The white-haired boy thought.