Chapter 7

Amelia's eyes shot up, focusing on nothing. Her hair was spread around her head. All of her muscles were tense, making her shiver.

I always feel like somebody's watching me...

She heard voices in her head, they were always whispering the same. It was a constant in her life, a constant that was driving her crazy.

Traitor.

Another voice broke through the chatter. It was her master. He had a dark voice, without any accent or emotion. Every time Amelia heard it, she imagined black velvet.

I'm losing my patience, Amelia...

She had these visions since the day her master recruited her, since he planted his seed in her head. It was then, when she could feel him. She knew that he was watching her every move, but usually he didn't infiltrate her mind. But from time to time, he needed to send a message. They came with hell of a pain.

Get me out of here...

Get me out of here...

His voice became high pitched scream that seemed to make her head burst, but the heretic vampire couldn't move. In her visions, she was paralyzed, exposed to her master.

Amelia...

Amelia...

"Amelia!"

Elijah grabbed her shoulders and broke her out of her vision. She woke up with as gasp, looking at the Original confused.

"What are you doing here?"

Giving him a deadly glare, she shook off his hands and stood up, trying to collect herself her again. Elijah watched her shaking hands, while Amelia curled them into fists to hide it.

"I was going to consult you about the Hallow, and well, I found you like this. What happened?"

Amelia stared outside of her bedroom window, regretting that she invited him in her. She could barely endure his presence right now.

"Well, you're not the only one schizophrenic here. Walking in your families' shadow can drive someone quite mad, don't you think?"

"Even if I find your point about mental illnesses of vampires quite interesting, I don't believe you. You had a vision, you were paralyzed. Tell me, dearest Amelia, what are you?"

With every word he took a step closer to her, looking at her intensely. Amelia couldn't hold it together anymore. She raised her hand and the Original flew through the shattering window, falling and landing on the hard ground outside, showing him just a little trick from her repertoire of dark, unbelievingly strong magic.

Slowly, she walked up to him, bent down and whispered in his ear.

"Never. Never annoy me again, Elijah Mikaelson."

When she helped him up, her attitude changed back into the sarcastically cheery mask.

"So, tell me, where did you need my help again?"

...

Amelia, Elijah and Vincent walked up to a bar that was closed at this time of the day. The heretic felt Vincent's eyes on her the whole time und was starting to get annoyed and also about nervous about that.

"You know, I honestly know that I'm smoking hot, but just for you to learn: it's not polite to stare at a lady like that."

Vincent looked like she had taken him out of a trance. He shook his head confused and frowned. Elijah gave Amelia an amused side glance. The Original already had noticed that Vincent behaved quite oddly in her presence. This was never a good sign in cases of a witch.