Epilogue

Mystic Falls , 2 months later

Amelia, Hayley and Alaric stood next to the playground of the Salvatore Boarding School and watched Hope socialize with her new friends. The young mother lightly rocked the stroller in which her precious daughter slept back and forth. 

It was the first moment of peace since the events after Lucifer was killed. The families worst nightmare happened, as if having the devil on their heels wasn't enough. They had guessed right, the Hallow's magic manifested back into her body and haunted the Mikaelsons until the point it got Hope. It brought terror to the city and they all tried everything to save the little girl.

Actually, they did sacrifice everything. 

Vincent performed a ritual which scattered the Hallow into piece, holding it captive in each of the Mikaelson's body. Never could the family see each other again. It ripped Amelia to pieces to loose the family that she had just welcomed into her life. 

But what was worse was seeing Elijah's torment. Amelia hadn't had any part in the ritual, so they could stay together, but both of them knew that Elijah couldn't life this way, not without his family. So they decided something very tragic and highly risky. They asked Marcel and Vincent to erase Elijah's memory of his family, of 'Always & Forever'. It broke Amelia's heart to see this, how everything that he had lived for for a thousand years simply being gone. But deep inside her she feared that with the vow, he would forget her. 

When he grabbed her hand afterwards and wanted to go to Lily, it was Amelia's greatest relief. Lily and her were the only people left that stood by him, that kept him sane. Still, it was strange. Elijah was a completely different person. He seemed happier, less tight up, but it wasn't the man she got to know anymore. 

They decided that they would disappear from New Orleans. Elijah would travel ahead and Amelia would stay some time behind, so Freya, Hayley and her could care about the leftover pieces of the events. 

Today was the day where Amelia and her daughter would leave the US to follow Elijah. She was afraid as hell about what laid ahead of her. The time she spent alone made her think and she feared that the relationship between her and Elijah wasn't the same anymore. 

"Amelia, are you alright?" 

Hayley lightly touched her shoulder and got her back from her thoughts. She shook her head and clear her thoughts. 

"Yes, I'm alright. It's just...you know, new things to come. Everything changed." 

The hybrid smiled when her daughter waved towards her mother and her aunt. Hayley and Amelia immediately waved back. 

"I think there's one thing in the world that will never change and that is Elijah's love for you and your daughter." 

Amelia looked at her thankfully and nodded. Hope ran towards them and Amelia knelt down to hug her niece tightly. The young witch and her had spent lots of time together in the last two months, as she took it in her hands to teach the little girl control of her magic. It made Amelia less useless since her own power was still gone. 

"Are you and Lily going to uncle Elijah?" 

Hope was on her toes to look over the edge of the stroller to see Lily. Amelia smiled and patted Hope's hair. 

"Yes, we are, love. But I'll come and visit you very soon. I promise." 

Again Hope hugged her and placed a kiss on her cheek. 

"I'll miss you, auntie." 

"I'll miss you, too." 

With that Hope gave her a last wide smile before she ran back to her new friends. It was nice to see how happy she was here. Hayley made the right decision. Finally she could learn about her inheritance, surrounded by kids her age.