Chapter 8

Amelia ignored them for a week. She locked herself in her hotel room, drank from the personnel and watched movies with a grim mood.

Just for once, when Niklaus texted her that they needed Marcel locked up, she sighed and went to the compound to do her job. She didn't know what they'd do to knock him out, she didn't care. Freya had done some powerful spells to shield the compound, so she needed Amelia's help to build a barrier Marcel couldn't pass and then cloak it.

At some point, she felt sorry for Marcel. Of course, he was a threat towards the Mikaelsons, but Amelia could understand his intention. Both of them had suffered from Elijah's cruelty, both of them were once killed by his hand. But Amelia knew that Elijah was sorry for his action towards Marcel. Over a century ago, she saw how Elijah adored the kid, but declined his own desire of a family of himself to find his brother's redemption.

Amelia ignored Elijah's tries to talk to her completely. She knew that he would just ask about why she hated him so much. But not today. She couldn't.

...

A week after locking up Marcel, she decided to show back up in the real world. Klaus' and Elijah's litte party for finding out who serves the Hallow in the city was the perfect background for her entrance.

The tight, midnight blue dress emphasized her curves perfectly. Her make-up was dramatic, perfectly fitting the mystical feeling of New Orleans. She took the time to put her brunette hair into messy curls. A last check in the mirror showed a perfectly styled, confident, beautiful woman.

Some minutes after that, Amelia entered the compound and walked through the chatting mass and looked around suspiciously. There wasn't any Mikaelsson around, she could see Vincent at the other side of the building, greeting everyone with a shake of hands. Instantly, she saw through his plan. He would feel who was working with the Hallow just by touching him or her. Clever.

"Good evening, Vincent. It's rude to just greet all the others while ignoring the oldest lady in this place."

She took a sip of champaign that was handed over to her. Vincent had come nearer to her, she took him by surprise when she talked to him, his back facing her.

"Right, I apologize. Good evening, Amelia."

He held his hand out and she chuckled, but took his hand. But instead of shaking it, he lifted her hand up and kissed the back of it lightly.

"Do you really think I work for the Hallow? I told you guys so often that I only have one master, but still, no one seems to believe me."

Vincent smiled and looked her in the eyes intensely. The fascinated look he always had when he was near her was back on his face.

"No, I actually believe you. But I'm still on the quest to find out what you are. By the way, you're not just the oldest lady here, but also the most beautiful."

His eyes roamed her body and Amelia lifted an eyebrow. But before she could reply with a snarky comment about someone having a crush, she was cut off by Elijah's voice coming from the balcony.

"My dear friends, tonight we celebrate the alliance between my family and Marcel Gerard. Of course, as it is his custom, he is...unfashionably late. So until he graces us with his presence, let's all raise a glass to the glorious city of New Orleans."

He was interrupted by Klaus giving another speech about the Mikaelson's intentions of staying briefly in the city. Afterwards, everyone raised their glasses and the music started playing.

"Let the games begin..."

Amelia whispered, feeling Elijah's presence next to her.

"Games, indeed. Would you grant me the honor of a dance?"