Chapter 12

It would become one of the brightest nights in Amelia's life. Elijah really organized a parade in honor of their wedding. The newly wed couple, along with their family, "friends" and jazz musicians danced through the streets of New Orleans. Tourists watched and cheered and Amelia couldn't help but smile widely.

Her short moment of happiness was infectious and Elijah held her hand tightly, fascinating by this side of his wife. He had just seen the dark, sarcastic mask of her, but this Amelia, the cheery, smiling girl was new. Elijah hoped that he would see that more often.

After they arrived back at the compound, Elijah gave a little welcoming speech to open the buffet and the wedding party. But before anyone started to flood the dance floor, Klaus insisted quite loudly that the bridal pair had to do the first dance. Elijah rolled his eyes at his brother, but took his brides hand, guiding her to the dance floor and pulling her into a dancing positions.

The musicians started to play a waltz and the couple moved around the place in a perfect manner.

"Dancing is our thing, isn't it?"

Amelia looked the Original vampire deeply into the eyes, enjoying the moment. This kind of felt real, like a normal, expensive wedding of a couple that loved each other. For today, Amelia wanted nothing more to believe that for this glimpse of a moment and face the devil tomorrow. Literally.

"It is, presuming we're both quite the dancers...do you enjoy the evening?"

He twirled her into a rotation and she came closer to his chest, as the other guests started to join them in dancing, as the first dance ended and a slower song played.

"Yes...Thank you, Elijah."

Elijah leaned forward and kissed the heretics forehead. Amelia started to love these little gestures.

"I have to thank you. Without this, we..."

She interrupted him by shaking her head.

"Not today, please. We can talk about all the threats facing us tomorrow. But this should be our perfect night, right?"

Again, this tension between them built. They couldn't stop looking at each other and Amelia lightly rubbed his back, feeling the urge to slip her hand under his tux jacket to be nearer to his skin. But again, they were interrupted.

"You're capturing the bride all for yourself, Elijah."

Vincent's voice spoke from behind Amelia's shoulder. He held out his hand for Elijah to hand over Amelia's hand to him. She could see Elijah's eyes darken, both of the men having a stare-off. The heretic rolled her eyes, this over spilling of maleness was embarrassing. But it stroke Amelia that Elijah had noticed Vincent's crush on her.

"Enough. Vincent's right, we can dance again later one."

She winked at her husband and took the witch's hand. Vincent seemed to not have much experience with dancing, so Amelia did the leading part.

"This was a nice ceremony. I'm just sorry for the circumstances."

Amelia pulled up a brow.

"Thank you. I actually wondered you came. You can't really stand anyone here."

"I came for you. And the free food."

Both of them chuckled. They were hardly dancing anymore, as Vincent stepped on her feet quite often, because he couldn't dance and speak at the same time. It was quite cute.

"You may be the only one that came for me. But to be honest I thought you were done with me when I killed those girls."

Vincent sighted and looked away.