Chapter 13

A perfect day. What would that be for Amelia? She couldn't remember that she ever had a day where she just enjoyed herself. Her life human life had consisted of being a good wife and mother, her immortal life was dedicate to follow the Mikaelsons on their endless path of corpses and blood. 

But today, Elijah wanted to show her - and maybe even himself - that life had a sense. That there could be good days.

The night, to begin with, was remarkable. They had drowned their sorrows in each other and when they finished, they were both exhausted in good way and completely blank of any dark thoughts. Never had Amelia assumed that Elijah let the monster come out to play when they were in bed. But she liked that he let the gentleman outside the bedroom. Here their dark sides somehow connected into something that caused pure pleasure. She felt even more connected to him than she was before. Together they were strong. Now they shared a power unimaginable. Amelia could feel it, it radiated off her and she felt even more drawn to her newly wed husband. 

After short hours of sleep, they awakened together, embracing each other. The heretic placed her head on the Original's sculpted chest and caressed the soft skin of his stomach. His muscles flexed under her touch, he forgot how it was to be this intimate with a person. Not just having sex but to just lay in silence and enjoy each other. Still, the feeling of fear lingered in him. Every woman he started to care about had died, except Hayley, but it also didn't end well. With the threat of the Hallow and the devil facing them, this sweet, gentle feelings between them seemed to be doomed. 

Gently, he lifted her from his chest and stood up, not able to bear these moments right now. He was frightened about what it would do to him if he would get more attached to her and then loose her. 

From his closet he gathered one of his suits and started to get dressed. Elijah felt his wive's eyes on him the whole time. When he buttoned his shirt up, he felt her behind him. He turned around to face her and she grabbed the ends of the tie hanging loosely around his neck and kissed him passionately. 

"Why do you get dressed? Maybe my perfect day consists of us staying in bed all the time." 

Her eyes had a mischievous spark and her low voice seduced him in every way possible. He felt that pressure in his lower abdomen again when she started to kiss his neck and open the buttons of his shirt. But he kept himself together to show at least a bit of restraint by grabbing her wrists. 

"We both know you don't have the slightest idea about what a perfect day is. Neither do I, but at least we should try." 

Amelia laughed which caused Elijah to smile. Her laugh was beautiful, he could listen to it all day.

"We're so pathetic, aren't we?" 

The Original wrapped his arms around her und pulled her close. He lifted up her hand to kiss the wedding ring on her finger. It felt strange for Amelia to wear it, but at the same time it showed that she belonged somewhere. 

"I would've taken you to the Bahamas like normal rich people would do, but well..." 

"...death threats and all. I know. One day is a good start." 

She pecked on his cheek and he released her, so he could go to her room and get her some clothing, so she didn't need to walk around their home naked. 

"Well, how do you imagine a perfect day?"

While getting dressed, she thought about his question. 

"I don't know, maybe we could just go to the cinema and have a nice dinner afterwards?" 

Elijah nodded and offered her his arm when she was ready. She gladly took it and walked out to streets of New Orleans with him. Remembering how they danced here with their parade yesterday, she couldn't help but smile. It already felt so far ago and yet so close. Never would she have assumed that she would see her marriage more as a save haven than a obstacle.