Reagan

5.5 months later

"Hello, babies!" Emmy squeals, rushing into my hospital room with Erin trailing closely behind. My eyes flash up to Erin's for a moment, silently thanking her for swinging by to pick up Emmy from the hospital waiting room at a moment's notice last night so Luke could be in the room with me during the birth.

The twins were born at 3 a.m. after 8 completely intense hours of labor, and Luke never left my side. Leighton came first. Her cry was beautiful, and the second I heard it I knew I was in love. Logan came five minutes later, with a full head of dark brown hair.

Emmy carefully climbs onto the bed and peers down at her new, sleeping baby sister in my arms. "Has she opened her eyes yet?"

"Only for a second. " I smile, looking up at Luke beside me. He's exhausted, but you wouldn't know it, and still in his uniform, having rushed home to take to me to the hospital after my call. In his arms is our baby boy; Luke hasn't been able to take his eyes off him.

Emmy hops off the bed and runs over to Luke, who sits down on the couch next to my bed. Emmy's big blue eyes look down at Logan and she carefully touches the top of his head.

"Can I hold them?" She asks sweetly, "Please?"

I smile at Luke and nod.

"Hop right up here, baby," he says, patting the spot next to him on the couch. "Scoot all the way back and get ready," He smiles, handing Logan carefully to Erin for a moment before walking over to me slowly.

We were up all night, holding them. Feeding them. Changing them. I'm exhausted, too, but I wouldn't change a thing. He smiles at me, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Do I look like a zombie yet? Because I feel like one," I smile as I see his lips heading toward me.

"I've never seen you look more beautiful," he kisses me softly. His eyes float down to Leighton, asking permission to take our daughter for a moment. I nod. I kiss her forehead and he lifts her against his chest, stepping carefully back to Emmy.

He sits down beside her, wrapping his free arm around her back and adjusting her so she can help hold Logan and nods for Erin to set her in their joined arms. Emmy kisses the top of his head, giggling.

"His hair tickles my nose. Silly boy," she smiles, then leans over carefully to touch Leighton's little hand as she sleeps in his other arm.

I watch them, completely in love with this moment. I'm going to remember it forever – their perfect little cries...the look on Luke's face, as he looks at all three of our children...the way this feels unlike anything ever has before – warm and comforting, like reading the first line of your favorite book, knowing all the while there'll be a happy ending.

Luke's eyes meet mine again and I smile, tears sliding down my cheeks.

"Take a picture, Rin," I whisper, wiping my tears. She smiles and takes my phone off my bedside table, snapping a photo of Luke and our three children – the first one we have. It's gorgeous with natural sunlight filtering in through the window. It's perfect. I can already see it in our album.

"They're heavy now," Emmy calls and Luke smirks, lifting them off her so she can squirm free. Emmy kisses me goodbye as she and Erin head home to give us time, and soon it's just the four of us again.

Luke walks over with both of our children in his arms. He looks strong and protective, and as he climbs into the bed beside me, I rest my head on his shoulder and reach for Logan. I press a kiss to the top of his head and he opens his eyes, looking right at me for the very first time. It's too soon to say who he looks like, but he's easily the cutest little boy I've ever seen.

"Hi, bud," Luke says with tears in his eyes. "That's your Momma. Isn't she pretty?"

I swallow. I just can't stop these tears.

"Say 'Hi, Momma,'" he tells him and I smile. "I'm going to love you for the rest of my life."

"Me too," Luke says, carefully raising Leighton's hand. He's crazy. Sleep deprived. Sexy. Amazing. He's my husband and I love him more than I ever have before.

"I love you," I say to all three of them. "This is the best day of my life..."