Chapter 8

"Found a way to let you in. I never really had a doubt."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COLES POV

Hilary and I were working on our science project in my living room. It was so quiet without Naia. We really did like having her as a friend but after Pia started hanging out with Leoran and they stopped liking her, we didn't know what to do. we could have been next so we went along with it.

Now Pia doesn't hang out with us anyways. she too busy chasing Leoran around. so basically, it's just Hilary and I.

"I think we should go talk to Naia. I have been thinking about this for a while and it's time to go tell her what happened."

"yeah we should but how do you think she will take it? she was in the hospital and we didn't even go to check up on her. what if she doesn't want to see us?"

Hilary had a point there.

"well we have to try."

we walked to Naias house in complete silence and anticipation. The sky was dark and littered with stars. Hopefully, this went well.

we arrived at Naias house. I took a deep breathe and rang the door bell. After what felt like forever, the door opened and Naia stood there. she didn't say anything but her face had a mixture of anger, confusion and sadness.

"Hi Naia" I didn't know what to say and nobody else was saying anything.

After an intense moment of just staring in silence, Naia spoke up.

"why are you here?" she didn't say it in a mean way. she said it like she was tired and confused.

"we are here to apologize and explain to you what happened" Hilary said speaking up. "it must have been hard for you to all of a sudden loose all your friends and we are sorry"

"okay, so tell me what happened. tell me exactly why the people I have been friends with since grade 3 decided it would be a good idea to abandon me, leave me alone and broken. why? explain yourself!"

Tears started to flow out of Naias eyes and she was getting worked up.

"can we come in?" I wasn't sure if she would actually let us in after all we put her through but after a moment of hesitation, she walked inside leaving the door open for us to walk in too.

Naia sat on a chair by herself while Hilary and I sat on her couch.

"listen Naia, first we want you to know that abandoning you wasn't planned. It just sort of happened." I didn't know if that would make her feel any better but it was worth a try.

"so here is what happened. Pia started hanging out with Leoran more and more. Then all of a sudden she started saying that she didn't like you. We didn't know what was happening with her but we just kind of ignored it. Then that day at lunch when Pia said those things to you, we were just as confused as you so we didn't say anything. After that, we didn't want to be the next ones to get yelled at and embarrassed so we didn't come to talk to you. Looking back at it, that definitely wasn't the best decision. So that's what happened and we would love to be friends again."

Naia didn't look at all fazed by what we just said. It was like she completely saw that coming.

"Do you still talk to Pia?"

"No we don't. its really boring without you guys." Hilary said

"well I can't just forgive you like that. I have to think about it."

Fair enough. We didn't expect Naia to just let it all go.

"okay bye Naia" Hilary and I stood up to leave. "and I hope we can all be friends again.

NAIAS POV

I'm so confused. My head is spinning and my whole life seems so strange, almost like it belongs to someone else. A month ago, my life was so different. It's like i'm a totally new person.

I'm not sure what to do about Cole and Hilary but one thing I do know for sure is that I can always call Aaron when I need help, so that's what I did.

I dialed his number and he picked up on the second ring. "hello?"

"Hi Aaron, it's Naia."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note,

what do you guys think Naia should do about Cole and Hilary, love them or leave them? comment your answer!!

-Tea:)

PREVIEW OF THE NEXT CHAPTER

the next chapter is a cute one!! what happens in Naia's phone call with Aaron? What decisions does Naia make about her life? What happens with Cole and Hilary? Pia and Leoran come back in soon!