Scor x Reader - Smile For Me

Requested by Hatano_Kokoro!

A/N: I hope you enjoy! I'm swamped with other bussiness right now, so I didn't spend as much time on it as I would like. ;u; Anyway, happy reading! ^^
-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   You adored spending time with your love, Scor. It was normally something simple, like walking around the forest, but it was nice. Just like that day, you tagged along with him for a walk. He only let you go with him, since every time someone else asked, he’d insisted on going alone. It made you feel special.

   But half the time spent following him was just simply staring at him. There was something you just couldn’t get over.

   The more you looked at the scorpion, the more you noticed how blank-faced he was all the time during your walk. Never changing, just still. His default expression just made him look angry all the time, which was convenient, since that was mostly true. But you still couldn’t get over it.

   And that got you to thinking: Did he ever change his expression? To anything other than disgust? You couldn’t remember the last time he showed happiness at all.

   “You should smile more.”

   He seemed surprised you randomly talked, not to mention make that statement of all others. “What?”

   “You heard me.”

   “I-” he glanced between you and the ground “I don’t ‘do’ smiles.”

   The statement almost confused you. Who doesn’t smile? Not him, according to what he just said. But why? Maybe you were just a tad too innocent to know, but maybe you were right to be confused.

   “Come on. Please?”

   You could tell you were starting to get to him, since he started looking back every once in a while.

   “Or do you not know how?” you teased, catching up to him to nudge his side.

   “I-I do know!” he protested, huffing “I just prefer not to.”

   There was a long pause as you thought, ‘why?’. You wanted to ask that very question, but doing so would just raise more confusion. Maybe he really didn’t know how, and didn’t want to admit it. Maybe. Or he was just stubborn. It was more likely the latter.

   Still, you couldn’t quite process it. To think that he just..didn’t want to, seemed absurd. Was it because he wanted to seem tough? That was usually the case. You found that cute, in a way.

   “Here, I’ll show you how,” you said after a while. For a moment, he forgot what you were referring to.

   You threw on the cheesiest smile you could manage, and pointed to it with both your hands. “See? It’s easy.”

   “If it’ll make you shut up,” he mumbled, hesitating for a couple of seconds. Finally, he copied what you did, smiling wide “Tada.”

   You noted it could use some work, but other than that, you were absolutely estatic. “I knew you could do it,” you hugged his side “You smile better than I do.”

   He jumped slightly at the sudden contact, but quickly relaxed.

   “Yeah, whatever.” He looked to the side, away from you.

   One single thought crossed your mind after that.

   Maybe he did smile.

   Maybe you just didn’t see.