Ivlis x Angel!Reader - Gratefulness

Requested by: LilZodiac

A/N: I think I might have gone a little overboard with this one (nearly 3 pages in Microsoft Word!) but I loooved this concept. Hope you dont mind I kind of 'twisted' the angel part there. Still, I really hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did writing it!

Disclaimer: Ivlis is the one DSP character, as of currently, to be shown a preference. However, he has also been shown to be flexible. I write this with the utmost respect for the character, if you choose for the reader character to be female!

-----------------------

   There was never much you remembered that day, though the words had still been etched in your memory:

   “[Y/N], for the disloyalty you have shown towards your ruler, I, Siralos, hereby banish you from Sun World!”

    After that, there was no ground beneath your feet. In a brilliant flash of light, the clouds parted, and you fell straight through. From then on was nothing but falling. Falling. Falling. Falling.

   Then, you woke up.

    You saw boy above you, a boy of a race you had only ever heard of, but seldom saw: A demon. He looked a bit more afraid of you than you were him, though.

   He had been glancing over his sunglasses in a look of both horror and astonishment. You followed his gaze, turning around to face your wings, and to your utmost terror, your once pure white feathers had turned a solid black.

    “You…you…a-an angel?” he stuttered, before mumbling a couple more words under his breath. He regained composure, nudging his shades back up his nose and over his eyes “I- hold on, I have to tell the boss about this. Follow me, pal.”

    You were reluctant, but what other choice did you have? The demon had already, quite literally, thrown you into the castle, and hurried off without saying another word.

    An intimidating figure was fixing his scarf before he caught sight of you. The devil, which you had you had now come to know as ‘Ivlis’, was almost as shocked as the demon from earlier. It had prompted your first conversation with him:

   “You’re not from here, are you?”

   “No, I- uh- it’s a long story,” you felt tears well up in your eyes. Had it been out of fear? Or sadness of the life you missed?

   “Who are you affiliated with?” he said sternly, stepping closer “What are your demands?!”

   The sudden rise in his voice and movement instinctively made you flinch, holding your arm above your head for protection. “IVEBEENBANISHEDFROMSUNWORLDPLEASEDONTHURTME-“

   Suddenly, all the anger in his expression vanished. A new face replaced his earlier one, though you couldn’t quite tell what it was.

   “…That can’t be possible,” he said, turning so his back faced you. “You have to be a liar.” What had he been looking at? His wings? You couldn’t tell.

   “Sir, I-I’m telling the truth, I-“ the tears had finally escaped your eyes “Please, sir, I have nowhere to go. I don’t even know where I am now.”