Old x Rabbit!Reader - Kids, Right?

Requested by nat-the-black-cat

A/N: Happy reading! It didn't turned out as I liked but I still hope you enjoy it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

   So, apparently, living alone wasn't as great as it seemed. You figured this out quickly after living all by yourself in Tosatsu kingdom for Sea God knows how long. It was a nice place to visit, but not one to stay. The entire kingdom was just a place for rabbits, like yourself, and other humanoids went when they were down on their luck.

   So, you moved to Deep Sea Kingdom. You were extremely, extremely lucky to have been taken under the wing by the Great Sea Sorcerer, Meikai. Although it wasn't as cool as it sounded. You were mainly just a nanny for his shark familiar's kids, to pay for staying with him.

   But you didn't mind. You were happy with it. You'd started to love the children, Samekichi and Syake, as your own. You never got to ask about what happened to their mother, but from the look on their father's face any time she was even vaguely mentioned, you decided not to question.

   Your whole (quite boring) backstory, however, was not the point. The point was you'd ended up falling head over heels for their father, Old, on day one. It was difficult to even be around him without showing any signs of nervousness. Which, considering you lived in the SAME HOUSE as him, made things difficult.

   So you sat silent. You knew it wasn't good to bottle up emotions, but you had already kicked at least 7 emotion bottles under the rug by now, so why stop there? That was hard to do, though. There was just something about him that...peaked your interest. He was captivating, in a way you couldn't describe.

   A long sigh escaped your lips, resting your chin in your hand, elbow propped again the arm of the couch as you watched the familiar organize a bookshelf in the other room. Your focus however was quickly broken, when a piece of paper was shoved in front of your face, scribbled all over with crayon.

   "Look, I drew daddy!" Syake's voice proudly announced, waving his drawing around. It took you a moment to register the sudden action, but quickly you relaxed, smiling sweetly. "Very nice!" you nodded to the little boy, a grin of confidence spreading across his face when you did.

   "Do you like our daddy?" asked Samekichi quietly and quite randomly, looking up from his drawing that still wasn't finished.

   "Of course! Just like you do." 'But if only I could tell you the truth,' you thought.

   "But do you loooove him~?" Syake teased, a glimmer of mischief in his eyes. Of course. He was quick to catch on, wasn't he? It took you a minute to answer that question without accidentally spilling your feelings right out of those emotion bottles. "Sal, don't joke that!," a light blush dusted your face.

   He tilted his head, "Aw, but gotta love him. He talks about you all the time! It'd be sad if you didn't." Wait. What? You knew he couldn't be true. You were just some lousy rabbit, why would he even take a slight interest in you, romantic or not? "Oh, okay then," you responded blankly, unsure of how to reply.

   "DAAAADDY!" Syake pratically screamed, running into the room nearby "[Y/N] LOOOVES YOU!"

   Oh. Oh no.

   Old had practically been dragged out (by his tail, mind you) of the room by the smaller shark, but not without complaining the entire time. He was spun around to face you, "They love youuu!"

   So now not only did you unintentionally confess to your crush through the form of a small child, you had to stand face to face to him. Lovely. Your ears drooped out of pure embarrassment, "K-kids, right?" He seemed to be just as flustered as you, maybe even more so, so you didn't feel AS bad. At least now you knew where Samekichi got it from.

   "If only it were true," he mumbled, out of intent of not being heard, but unfortunately, you had amazing hearing.

   "Wait, really?" you looked up, hope in your gaze.

   He immediately flushed "Wait, I didn't-".

   You didn't give him time to finish It was a spur-of-the-moment action, but quickly, you pecked his cheek. "Then maybe they are right," you smiled.

   And oh, how he completely BROKE. Full out froze in place. It was a..completely unexpected reaction, from someone so 'tough'. The two kids, who unbeknownst to you, stood by your side, would've had the same reaction. If Syake hadn't shouted first though, "I was right! Haha! They said so!"

   "..So," you began, but never started.

   "So," he repeated.

   You smiled again, "I-I didn't think you even cared about me."

    I'd have to..say the same," he replied quietly.

   "Are they are our other parent now?" Samekichi asked, oh so innocently.

   "WHAT?"