Lec x Nurse!Reader - 12 Hour Shift

Requested By: tudadraws

A/N: Enjoy reading! I tried my best to tackle your request, so I hope you like it!

-----------------------------------

   Thought it felt undeniably real, you swore to yourself that what you experienced last night was simply a dream. It was too surreal to believe.

   You were taking a stroll since you just couldn't seem to sleep, as exhausted as you were, when there was a shrill scream. Yourself, naturally answering to the call of help, even in fear, went to investigate.

   You turned around the corner and...

   Blood. Guts. Everywhere. A shadowed figure stood near the scene, shaking his head. In a fit of panic, you fell to the ground, screaming, sitting up and scooting away with your hands. What kind of monster would do this?

   "Don't run," Said the mysterious culprit, approaching you and reaching out a hand. "I don't hurt pretty faces. That's my brother's job."

   You caught a glimpse of his face in the pale moonlight, but didn't dare to waste time examining him. You grabbed his hand to stand up, then pulled him close, and kneed him in the stomach. Running as fast as you could, everything blurred and...

   You woke up.

   You couldn't remember anything past that, staring at the ceiling, wondering if it was all your brain playing tricks on you.

   But you didn't have much time to think. It was 10 A.M, and it was time for your shift at the hospital. So you threw on your uniform, which probably hadn't been washed for weeks, and headed out. You made extra sure to lock your doors that day.

   After clocking in, the desk lady smiled. "Welcome back. You've been informed by the manager you're working with a different doctor, correct?"

   You nodded. "Yeah. Doctor Lec. Doctor Aina resigned, right?"

   "As much as a shame as it is, yes. She retired."

   "Right. Off I go."

   After navigating up a couple floors, you found yourself looking at your new list of patients. It was hard to remember, since your old patients were engraved in the back of your head. You didn't mind too much, though you did miss Doctor Aina.

   "[Y/N]," said a voice from behind you, causing you to spin around. "You're right on time. I'm Doctor Lec, and I'll be working with you from now on."

  "Nice to meet you," you smiled falsely, since something didn't seem right. Of course, there were a handful of people in the hospital were sketchy already. Pitch Black World had such poor health care that there was a such a high demand for doctors, anyone who was seemingly qualified was hired, no questions asked. Though, something was different about Doctor Lec.

   But you shook that all aside and got to work. The day went by quickly, a couple step retracing here and there, but other than that it went smoothly. You started to stop doubting Lec. He actually was...charming, in a way. It made your job a little less terrible.

   Sitting in the breakroom, tired out of your mind already, you stared into a mirror on the wall. But you weren't looking at yourself, you were picturing the new doctor you'd been assigned to. It was odd really, he was way too captivating to be just some other doctor you worked with. He was too calm, and nice, and...

   Oh. Oh no. No no no no.

   You weren't going to fall for all of this. Get a hold of yourself! This is a professional workplace, not a romantic comedy!

   You marched right into the hallway to get back to work, ready to be serious this time around. At least, you were, until other nurses came darting around the corner. They were pulling a bed with a patient lying down and gasping, but you couldn't get a good look at them. "Critical condition! Critical condition! Make way!" the one girl and one male nurse were shouting, wheeling the bed at lightning speed.

   You were taking so much by surprise that you backed away to press against the wall, but unbeknownst to you, behind you was an open janitor's closet. You misjudged the distance between how far you should lean, since you expected there to be a wall, when there wasn't. Falling into a bucket, you squeaked in shock. This day just keeps going from good to bad to worse.

   "You need a hand?"

   You looked up to see Doctor Lec with his hand outstretched, nodding for you to grab it. You were about to, when you froze in pure and utter shock. The situation, his face, everything. Déjà vu crashed over you like a roaring ocean wave.

   So last night wasn't a dream after all.

   You shook out of it quickly as to not raise suspicion. He pulled you out of the bucket and helped you readjust yourself.

   "I'm clocking out. I have...business...to attend to tonight. But here," he quickly wrote something on a cup he held in his other hand, handing it to you. Upon further examination, it was a coffee, and written on it was a series of numbers.

   "Call me sometime."

   With that, he left.

   Taking a sip of, miraculously, your favorite type of coffee, you couldn't help but sit there at a standstill.

   Maybe it was because you were exhausted beyond belief being on your feet, and being exposed to every bodily fluid possible, but you were dizzy. Incredibly dizzy. But maybe it was something else. Love, horror, confusion?

   This all was sure an interesting scenario.