Etihw x Reader - The Sweetest

Requested by: yuri-sniper

A/N: Thank you for being so patient! I decided to make the request extra long, as an apology for the hiatus. (I also have wanted to try making these oneshots longer anyway). Hope you enjoy reading!

--------------------------------------

   A lovely, sweet aroma filled the air of the kitchen. The light hint of citrus was a refreshing new twist from the heavy vanilla or chocolate scent that was almost always in the room at the time. Though as pleasing to your senses as it was, it had gotten a tad boring after a while.

   You were always looking to throw in a couple surprises for Etihw every once in a while to keep them interested in your baked goods. You were always trying to out-bake the Head Angel any chance you got. Though, let's face it, Etihw was going to eat practically anything you brought them anyway.

   Ah, what a pleasant sight it would be to find Etihw, sitting at their table, a smile on their face as they spotted you entering through the hall doors. That smile was sweeter than the cakes and pastries you brought them, and your heart was full with a warm feeling any time you saw it.

   The oven timer struck zero, letting out a loud ring and disrupting your thoughts. After the initial shock, you took out the cake, removed it from the pan, iced it, and rolled it up. The now-complete lemon cake roll held up to your satisfaction, and was ready to be boxed and delivered.

   At around a quarter past noon, you arrived at Blancblack castle, finding yourself instantly transported in front of their doors using the warp stone on the first floor. It took a solid minute of clearing you throat and practicing a couple lines of speech before you finally pushed them opened and entered.

   "Good afternoon, Lord Etihw," you said, announcing your entrance.

   Etihw was alone this time, moving pieces on an Othello board without Kcalb sitting on the other side to play with them.

   They looked to you at the sound of your voice, and gave that award-winning smile. "Oh, if it isn't my favorite demon! No need for formalities, we know each other well enough, don't we?" They stopped for a moment to spin their chair forward. "What brings you here this time, then?"

   Your wings twitched awkwardly at 'favorite demon'. "I brought you another cake. I just finished it this morning."

   "Hm?" They looked to the box in your hands. "Ah, you did tell me you were working on a new recipe a couple days ago. I didn't expect you to be that quick! What a fast little learner you are."

   "You could say that," you grinned, walking up and handing over the cake. The sooner you gave it to them, the sooner they'd stop with the compliments. "It took some trial and error, though. This time was more of an more of an experiment, so I'm sorry if it tastes off."

   "No worries. I don't expect anything but the best," Etihw smiled once more. It made that warm feeling in your chest grow unbearably large. "That is, unless you're trying to poison me! Haha, maybe all these sweets were to gain my trust all along!"

   "I-I," you could barely speak with how flustered you were, "I assure you, there's, uh, there's absolutely zero ounces of poison in it."

   "I know, I know." They said. "Anyway, why don't join me? I don't have anyone to sit with me this time, now that Kcalb's out on a walk."