Kcalb x Injured!Reader - You're Okay

Requested by kuro-yuki-Hime and xXNyanCat808Xx

A/N: To the former, I apologize for the length of time it took for your request to be written! Luckily I could combine it with another request for a Kcalb x Reader, and naturally it became first to be posted. Anyway, I hope you both enjoy reading!

--------------------

   BlancBlack castle was a beauty to you, and, naturally, your favorite place to spend time after long, busy days. It was refreshing to relax in libraries, gardens, or galleries. Above all, it was always fun to visit your god and devil, Etihw and Kcalb, with the latter being more under your favoritism. You even made sweets to take every other week or so you came, just for him.

   Today’s visit would have been as pleasant as the rest, if the castle hadn’t been mostly empty. And half-destroyed. And was the the huge gash up your arm, and the similar one across your face mentioned? Because those would surely leave a mark.

   That day, you made an admittedly horrible decision to venture to the castle during the invasion of your world. In your defense, it would have been in an act of heroism. However, after hearing that your devil and the invader had long since left, the visit held no purpose.

   It was not long before a crowd of flame bats flooded the place, covering every square inch of the floor. You fought off a couple of them, with other visitors who had been trapped, but alas, it was no use. Many of the others escaped, but after taking quite a harsh beating, you fell motionless to the ground and into a corner.

   It seemed like only mere seconds had passed, before suddenly, there was dim light. Your vision was blurred for a minute or two, but you could make out two silhouettes hovering above, one black and one gray.

   “Oof, this worst I’ve seen so far,” muttered the gray one.

   “Undoubtedly,” responded the black one.

   “Are you sure ya don’t want me and the girls to take care of this stuff?” the gray one said, turning to their companion “I mean, you are pretty bad off. Like, really really bad. We can take ya to the med bay and handle the rest ourselves.”

    By now, you had regained sight fully and recognized the figures clearly. It was Lord Kcalb and one of Etihw’s subordinates, Grora.

   “And you’re ‘pretty bad off’,” he retorted sharply, gesturing to her blood-stained clothes. The whites in his eyes disappeared. “But we’re both here, anyway. I could handle this myself, now that you mention it. In fact, Grora, you’re excused.”

   In the silence, you finally decided to lift your head, as to give them any sign you were, well, alive. “Kuh..K..Kcalb?”

   “Hey! They're not dead. I guess I’ll leave you and your little friend here alone, then,” Grora winked.

   “I said you are excused,” Kcalb glared, more edge to his voice than normal, and a light orange blush dusted his cheeks.

   She snickered, “Fine, fine. I’ll catch up with Froze.” And with that, she turned the corner and disappeared.

   “Wh-“ you struggled to regain composure, warily glancing about. The only flame bats left were dead, to your relief. “What...what happened?”

   “The invaders retreated.” He responded blankly, the whites in his eyes reappearing.

   “Oh gee, I thought the world was ending,” you tried to smile as you sat up, but the pain was overwhelming. “Ha..haha.”

   “Don’t overwork yourself,” he awkwardly, yet surprisingly gently, helped you up. Afterwards, he gestured to down the hall, that of which you couldn’t see from where you were standing. “The warp slate is over there. It will take you to the med bay, where you’ll be tended to you later.” His tone was monotonous, as if he’d recited the last sentence several times now.

   “Can..” you thought of what you were going to say for a moment. “Can..could you walk me there?” You shyly shook your head, “I-it’s fine if you can’t, of course.” Unfortunately, you stood too long and moved excessively, and your body did not enjoy it. You hacked up a bit of…something, possibly a glob of blood and mucus, immediately after you spoke.

   Kcalb hesitated, awkwardly shifting his gaze around. The yellow-orange blush became a little more prominent. “Erm. Fine. But I have to take my leave soon. There are important matters to be handled.”

   “Thank you!” you smiled politely, taking his hand, that of which had been cold to the touch. He flinched and nearly pulled away, but ended up giving in. You didn’t realize what you’d done out of instinct until a minute after. But by then, you couldn’t correct yourself.

   The walk down was pure quiet, save for the couple coughs you let out, spraying bits of blood about.

   Finally, you broke the silence, as a long sigh escaped your lips, “I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you. I came to help, but-“

   “Not even I could match against the devil who invaded. I did not expect any of those who dwell in this world to assist,” Kcalb interrupted. He changed the subject soon after, “There is great damage that has been done, which needs to be taken care of. That of which I decide to partake in, along with Eti. Helping our injured is only one of them. Those tasks are the only help I expect people, not even many, to assist.”

   “Hey, Kcalb?” you ignored most of his speech, focus shifting in and out of your thoughts. The blood loss had finally gotten to you.

   “….?” He made a sound you could only describe as a polite hum.

   You fell into him without a second thought, wrapping your arms around him. “I’m just glad you’re okay.”

   There was a moment that seemed like eternity that you grasped around him, not daring to let go.

   “…I-I’m glad you’re okay too, [Y/N]” he said under his breath.

   “You remembered my name?” you looked up at his face, still keeping hold around him.

   “Of course I would,” he said in a matter-of-fact tone, but it still sounded sincere to you.

   And as consciousness escaped you, you fell. You fell and slid down to the floor, and the last sight being the ceiling above. It would not be the last thing you see, for you merely just fell unconscious. But before this, as you felt yourself draining, you thought that if you had been dying, you would have been satisfied with your last words anyway.