Justim x Reader - Umbrella

REQUESTED BY: -Hinatai-

A/N: Thank you for your request and thank you for your patience, have fun reading!

--------------------------

   The rain wouldn’t stop pouring that night. The sky of Flower World was stuck as a permanent gray for hours, and you’d started to wonder exactly who made Lilliya so upset. You shook your head. Right now, you should be more focused on getting home at least partially dry.

   However, hopping under any natural shelter you could find had begun to get exhausting. Every one of your movements got slower and slower the further into the night it got. The pleasant smell of nature and the soothing rhythm in the falling of raindrops had almost lulled you to sleep.

   Now there was not but one star in the sky, the clouds overcasting everything. It began to pour harder and harder, making your progression home even more difficult. Try as you may, the whole elaborate plan of staying dry you’d form had felt useless. You were tired, and unthinkingly started to move to step out into the open.

   Only did you stop when suddenly the handle of an umbrella was thrust in your direction. “Here, take this.”

   You spun around to see who owned the voice. It took you a minute to recognize who you were looking at, as you’d never actually seen them in person. It was none other than the god of gods. Standing there utterly dumbfounded, your heart skipped a beat. “Oh- uh, no, I’m fine. I don’t need it.”

   Just what on Earth were they doing here? It wasn’t like it was just a common thing for some other god to be in town. Even more questionably, why were they out here at night in the middle of nowhere, at this time of night?

   “I insist,” they moved a bit closer “I’d feel bad knowing I let someone go out soaked.”

   “But then, you’d uh, you’d get wet.”

   “That’s okay, I like the rain,” they smiled. It was almost too radiant to be real. Their entire face seemed to be lit with sunshine, even in the cold darkness of the night.

   “...We could share it?” Almost immediately, you realized how weird of an idea that was. You bit your lip awkwardly. How smooth of you.

   “Oh!” they had an unreadable expression. “Well, that’s an...interesting suggestion! But sure, if that’ll make you happy.” They shifted their body so you could stand next to them.

   There was little space under that umbrella. Too little space. You could feel their coat brush against you, every little minute feeling like a torturous eternity. To keep the painful embarrassment away, you tried your hand at small talk. “So, what are you doing here?”

   They hummed with polite interest. “Come again?”

   “Well, I don’t know, I just usually wouldn’t expect a god to be just out here randomly.”

   They nodded, now understanding. “Well, today was the annual god meeting.” That’s right. You remembered overhearing such a thing in passing conversation. “Lilliya had insisted we had it in his world this time.”

   You probably shouldn’t ask who said what during that meeting to make it rain this hard. “And you’re out in the middle of the forest because…?”

   “I love flowers,” they replied “This world has the best flowers, so I decided to take a little trip to see them before I headed home. But it looks like the weather didn’t want to comply.” They laughed at that for a moment, then turned to you. “What about you?”

   “Just relaxing.”

   “That’s nice,” they nodded and turned back. Their green, puffy hair bounced when their head moved, reminding you of rustling leaves on a tree. The more you talked to them, the more you picked up on these features, and the more charming they revealed themselves to be.

   “What’s your name?” You asked, trying to be as polite. “I mean, I know who you are, but-”

   “Justim. What about yourself?”

   “[Y/N].”

   “That’s a lovely name.”

   “Oh, thank you,” you blushed from the flattery. Their voice was so sweet, you couldn’t help it. For a moment you nearly thought about getting yourself lost, just so you could spend more time getting to know them.

   But it was too late at night to do that. You weren’t even sure what time it was exactly, but from how deathly quiet the village was, it had to have been in the AM range. Besides, it would be impolite.

   Justim dropped you off at your doorstep and raised their hand to wave.

   Without thinking, you spoke quickly. “Thank you, but uh, Justim, was it?” they nodded to that. “If you wouldn’t mind, I’d like to repay you. Can I take you out to see the flowers sometime?”

   “You don’t have to,” they gave their umbrella a little twirl while they spoke “I was just offering a hand, that’s all. No need for any repayments.”

   “No, really, I insist! I know where all the best spots are.”

   Your mind flashed back to when they had insisted upon taking that umbrella. A little smile appeared on your face. It was time to out-polite them.

   “If you insist, then sure,” with that tone of voice, you could tell they were thinking something similar to you. That you had just turned around the favors game. “I’ll come here when I can. It was very nice meeting you, by the way!”

   “Thanks, you too, bye!” without further comment, you shut the door.

   Stripping away your muddy shoes, you turned around and fell backwards against the door. You slid slowly until you sat on the floor, leaning your head back and letting out a long, joyful sigh. In a mere few hours, your night had went from unlucky to very lucky. Very lucky indeed.