Chapter 6, Tonight I'll Be Your Man

Rocky's P.O.V.

After a long week, it was finally Friday, which meant I got to hangout with Sky. As I woke up, I stretched with a huge smile on my face. I felt so refreshed.

As I walked into the kitchen to get breakfast, Rydel gave me an odd look. "I don't think I've ever seen your teeth this much," she chuckled. "What's with the huge smile?"

"I've got myself a date tonight," I smiled as I grabbed a box of cereal off of the top of the fridge.

"No way," she gasped. I nodded with a smirk. "Dude, I told you Sky liked you," she punched my shoulder. I lightly pushed her back as I made myself a bowl of cereal.

"How do you know, you haven't even met her?"

"The guys told me every little detail of what happened at the beach. It seemed like you two connected instantly," she shrugged.

"I hope you're right. But I'm still a little nervous about getting hurt again."

"Like I said, you gotta take a chance," she advised as she rested a hand on my shoulder. I nodded in agreement. That's all I had to do. I just had to put myself out there and hope she felt the same.

-Later That Night-

Rocky: I'll be over soon

Sky: Ok, you remember my address I sent you earlier?

Rocky: Yep, I got it. I'll see you soon.

Sky: See ya soon, Rock.

I smiled slightly at the nickname. It was 6:30 and I was ready for my date. I was wearing black Converse, black skinny jeans, and a white button up with the top three buttons undone. I wanted to keep it casual, and I told Sky to do the same. I wasn't one for a fancy first date, I just wanted to hang out with her and get to know her.

It only took me about twenty minutes to drive to her house, so I was a few minutes early. I gave myself a mental high five for that. I wiped the sweat from my palms before gently pressing the doorbell. In a matter of seconds, the door swung open. There she stood, looking so beautiful. She was wearing a simple top, black shorts, and a pair of old school Vans. She smiled up at me as she walked onto the porch. "Hey, Rocky. It's nice to see you again," she said with a toothless smile.

"It's nice to see you too, Sky. You look great," I complimented.

"Thanks. And you look very handsome yourself," she smiled back. My heart fluttered at her comment, she thought I was handsome.

"We should get going," I suggested as I pointed back to my car. She nodded as she walked onto her driveway. I would've opened her door for her, but she jumped into the car before I could even get to the passenger side. I shrugged it off and hopped into my car as well.

"Where to now?" she asked.

"We're just keeping it simple and going to the movies. And if you still feel like wasting your time with me, we can just find somewhere to hangout," I joked as I turned the key in the ignition.

"I guess I could waste some extra time with you," she smiled as she playfully punched my shoulder. I gently shoved her back before backing out of her driveway.

"So tell me a little bit about you. Everyone's got a story, so what's yours?" I asked as I kept my focus on the road.

"Well, I'm 21 and I was raised in New York City. We moved out to California when I was 14, which was when my dad left. Both of my brothers stayed in New York to finish college, so it was just my mom and I for awhile. I was a pretty quiet kid during school. Everyone wanted to party while I wanted to stay home and finish my algebra homework. And I guess that's pretty much it. What about you? You're in a famous band, so I'm sure your life story is more interesting than mine."