Chapter 9, I Can't Forget About You

Rocky's P.O.V.

Later in the day, I had to leave Sky's place since all of my siblings were blowing up my phone asking where the heck I was. I left her house, but not without a few kisses, and made it back to the band house. As soon as I walked through the front door, I was bombarded by my siblings.

"Where were you, dude?" Ross asked immediately as I walked into the living room.

"To answer all of your questions, I was at Sky's house," I shut each of them up before they could ask of my whereabouts. Ryland had a smirk on his face, and exchanged a look with Ross. "It's not like that, you little pervs. We just hung out and talked until we fell asleep."

"Bummer, dude. It's probably been a while since you got laid," Ryland sighed.

"Although that's true, that's not why I've been hanging out with her. Women are more to me than just sex," I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm just messing with you. I know you're a respectable guy," Ryland spoke seriously for once.

"Thanks, Ry," I laughed as I playfully slapped his chest.

"Ow, I just worked out, man," he whined. I rolled my eyes at him as I prepared myself for more questions.

"So what did happen? Please tell me you at least kissed her," Riker asked this time.

"More than I can count," I responded with an innocent smile.

"Aw, that's so cute," Rydel cooed.

"I just can't get her off my mind," I laughed happily as I leaned back against the couch.

"Have you even thought about her lately?" Ross asked me.

"Did you not just hear me? I said I can't stop thinking about her."

"Not Skylar, you doof. He means she who shall not be named," Rydel corrected me.

"Oh," I sighed. I've been so caught up with Sky lately that I didn't have time to be depressed about Alexa. "I can't remember the last time she was on my mind. I guess I've been so caught up with Sky that I just completely dropped her."

"Thadda boy," Riker patted my back, "Cheaters don't deserve the satisfaction of anyone's tears."

"Sorry I was all mopey, guys. I guess I just needed someone to lift me up."

"Don't apologize. It's not like you asked to be betrayed," Rydel reasoned, "But now you have Skylar to help you, and it seems to be working like a charm."

"Eh, but being with Sky isn't about getting over Alexa. She doesn't even cross my mind when I'm with her. When I'm with Sky, it's just pure desire to be next to her," I rambled. It was hard to explain what was going through my head when I was with her. All of my thoughts were jumbled into a loving mess.

"God, you are so in love, little bro," Riker shook his head with a smile.

"I know," I mumbled. I didn't dare deny it this time. I knew it was too late for me. I already took the leap, and I was falling fast.

"Have you said anything about it yet?" Ryland asked.

"I did, but she was asleep. She didn't respond, so I doubt she heard me," I shrugged.

"You should actually tell her," Rydel urged.

"I don't know if I should. I'm not sure if she thinks we're moving too fast, and if we are, that will definitely cross the line."

"Oh, who cares. Just tell her. Speaking from experience, girls love to hear how guys really feel about them," Rydel continued to push me.

"Ok, fine. I'll tell her," I sighed as I raised my hands up in defeat.

But it's definitely easier said than done.