Chapter 11, I Can't Say I'm In Love

Rocky's P.O.V.

It had been a little while since I last saw Sky, so my siblings and Ellington convinced me to invite her over for dinner. I accepted the idea right away, excited to see her again. I just needed to clear it with her, so I quickly sent her a text.

Rocky: Hey, you busy tonight? I miss you🙃

Once I sent the text, I put my phone to sleep and set it on my nightstand. I stared at the ceiling for only a few seconds because my phone went off. Sky had replied almost immediately.

Sky: Nope, just being a loner once again😂

Rocky: Do you want to come to my house for dinner? My sister wants to meet you, my brothers want to hang out, and I'm dying to see you again😁

Sky: Ok, that sounds like fun. It would be awesome to see everyone again, especially you😘

Rocky: Awesome. Just be over around 6.

Sky: Can't wait to see you, Rocky😊

Rocky: Me too, Sky😘

After that, the texts stopped pouring in. There was still a few hours before she would be over, so I had some time to kill.

---

During the day, I just had a little jam session on my guitar and I was now helping Rydel set up in the kitchen. The day was going by pretty slow since I was anxious to see Sky. "Thanks for the help, Rock. You should go get ready," Rydel said as everything in the kitchen was set up. The table was set and she had just started cooking.

"No problem, Delly. I'm just gonna go hop in the shower real quick," I said as I made my way upstairs. I quickly showered and put on a fresh change of clothes. I wore black skinny jeans and a white muscle tank. I decided to keep it simple since we were just going to be at the house.

As I finished brushing my hair, the doorbell echoed throughout the house. "I got it!" I heard Riker yell. I let him open the door since I was all the way upstairs. "Hey, Skylar. Good to see you again," I heard him again.

"Hey, Riker," I heard her voice. I checked my appearance, making sure I looked ok. I sniffed around my body just to be safe. I smelled like deodorant and not sweat, so I decided I was safe to head downstairs. Riker and Sky weren't by the front door, so I checked the living room.

Sure enough, she was in the living room greeting my brothers. I put my finger over my lips, signaling the guys to be quiet. I sneaked behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind. "I wonder who that could be," she said sarcastically as she leaned against my chest. "Hi," she smiled sheepishly as she looked up at me.

"Hi," I responded as I kissed her cheek.

"Ew, PDA. Stop it," Ross whined like a little kid. Since he was whining, I decided to mess with him a little. I turned Sky around in my arms and swiftly planted my lips on hers. She responded immediately, her lips moving in sync with mine. "You guys are disgusting." Sky and I both smiled into the kiss before pulling away.

"We try," she laughed as she stuck her tongue out at him.

"Come on, I want to introduce you to Rydel," I said as I took her hand and pulled her into the kitchen. "Dellllyyyy."

"Rockkkyyy," she mimicked my tone. I walked into the kitchen with Sky's hand in mine.

"Rydel, this is my girlfriend, Skylar. Sky, this is my sister Rydel," I introduced them.

"Hey, it's so good to finally meet you," Rydel smiled as she squeezed Sky in a hug.

"Ok, she's a hugger," Sky smiled as she accepted her embrace, her voice a little lower from the way Rydel was squeezing her.