Chapter 13, You're All Mine Pt.1

*Sky's P.O.V.*

"Ugh, what do you want?" I whined as my phone dinged for about the sixth time in the last thirty seconds. Whoever was spamming me was a fast texter. I groaned and picked my phone up from the nightstand as it dinged again. I should've guessed that it was my crazy boyfriend that was blowing up my phone.

R: Good morning, princess😘
R: Got plans today?
R: Hellooooo?
R: Baby wake up!😫
R: Pretty please with a kiss on top?
R: I swear you could sleep through an earthquake🙄
R: But I still love you😜

I giggled at his goofy, yet mildly clingy, texts. I decided to text him back, figuring I'd had enough with his spamming.

S: There needs to be a disclaimer on your forehead. WARNING! Date me, and you'll never get to sleep in😂

R: Only on special occasions😉

S: What's the occasion?

R: I'm taking you out tonight. I was spamming you so I could ask if you were free.

S: I've got nothing to do today, so I guess that works.

R: Yay! Find something somewhat fancy to wear, I'll pick you up at 6. I love you, baby😘

S: I love you, too, Rock😍

I reluctantly rolled out of bed, not mentally prepared to start the day. I just wanted to crawl back into bed, but thanks to my lovely boyfriend (note the sarcasm), I was already wide awake.

I scanned the clothes inside my walk-in closet, trying to pick something out for tonight. It was then that I realized I didn't really have any nice dresses. Sure, I had casual ones, but not any that were fancy date worthy. I can't even remember the last time I went on a date before Rocky came into my life.

Wow, I'm a loser, I laughed in my head.

I sighed and picked my phone back up. "Desperate times call for desperate measures," I mumbled to myself and I surfed through my contact list. My thumb clicked the contact, and I waited as I listened to the periodic ringing of my cell phone.

"Ugh, why are you up so early, girl? It's like 8 in the morning," my friend groaned from the other end of the call.

"You can blame your brother, Delly. But I need your help," I giggled at her reaction.

"With what?" she asked sleepily.

"Rocky wants to go on a fancy-ish date and I don't have any dresses that fit such requirement."

"You wanna just borrow one of mine?"

"No, I want something new," I said as I found myself mindlessly pacing around my room.

"Please, no, Sky. I hate shopping," she groaned.

"Oh, come on, Rydel. I need expert advice. And plus, you should know what your brother likes," I pleaded.

"It really doesn't matter what you wear. Rocky would drool over you either way. But fine, I'll be over in an hour."

"Yes! Thank you," I cheered into the phone. We said our goodbyes and hung up.

---

While we were out, we managed to find a maroon dress and some black boots with a short heel.

*Le dress☝🏻️

*Le dress☝🏻️

I was currently at home, getting ready for the date. I was fully dressed, and in the middle of applying a little bit of makeup. Makeup wasn't really my thing, but hey, I was having a nice date with my hot boyfriend. So, why not?

The chime of the doorbell could be heard at the moment I was finished. I stood in front of the floor-length mirror on the back of my door, checking my appearance one last time. I sucked in a deep breath, and headed down the stairs.

I never knew I could find Rocky more attractive than he already was. But once I opened the door, I was proven wrong. His now short hair was parted to the side and gelled back. He wore a white button-up, which had the sleeves neatly rolled to his elbows, and the top three buttons were undone. He also had on black suit pants and black dress shoes to go along with it.

We both stood there, silent, and taking in each other's appearances. "Woah," Rocky was the first to speak. "Sky... You look stunning," he complimented, looking completely flabbergasted by my attire. I blushed at his words, nervously chuckling as I looked down.

"You don't look so bad yourself, Lynch," I smiled, leaning up to place a kiss on his stubble-covered jaw.

"Thanks, I was going for a sexy boss look, and I think I nailed it," he joked. I giggled at his remark and playfully smacked his arm. I hadn't even noticed he had a hand behind his back, and once he put it back in front of him, he handed me a bouquet of red roses. "For you, beautiful. Just to make the whole thing more cliche," he smiled.

"They're beautiful, Rock," I gushed, smelling the sweet fragrance of the flowers. "Come on in, and I'll put these in a vase."

He stepped inside and closed the door, while I grabbed a vase from the cupboards in the kitchen. "So, is there a reason why you decided to spoil me tonight?" I asked as I filled it up with water.

"No reason, I just wanted to have a nice night with my girl," he answered as he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He nuzzled his nose into my neck, and I sighed with content as I leaned into his touch. "Sky?" he called out softly.

"Yea, babe?" I responded dreamily, still lost in the feeling of his warm hands on my hips and my back pressed against his toned chest.

"The water's overflowing."

"Shit," I laughed as I snapped back into reality. I turned off the faucet and dumped some of the water out. I set the flowers into the vase and placed it on the center of the island. "Voila."

"Alright, let's go," he suggested as he pointed his head towards the door.

"Right behind you, Casanova," I laughed. We jumped into his car and headed to wherever he planned on taking me. The radio played softly, and Rocky hummed along with it. I smiled and looked out the window, watching the smeared image of LA pass by.

To be continued...