Chapter 15, Pt.2

*Sky's P.O.V.*

"Can I have a minute with him?" I asked Rocky's parents. They both gave me nods of approval. I grabbed Rocky's hand and pulled him into the hallway where we couldn't be heard. "Ok, what's your deal?"

"Why didn't you tell me you almost died?" he asked me as his eyes became glassy. A few tears slipped from his eyes as a wave of guilt soured through me.

"Nonono, don't cry," I begged as I wiped his tears away with my sleeves.

"Just the thought of never meeting you kills me," he spoke with a wavering voice.

"Hey, I'm still here," I cooed to him, cupping his cheeks in my hands. "I guess my fate was set. I was destined to meet you, and not be six feet under. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I just wasn't ready yet."

"It's ok," he responded with a deep breath. "I guess you couldn't live without me even before you met me."

"I guess so," I chuckled. I connected my lips with his, giving him a long, slow kiss. When we pulled away, I said, "We should get back out there."

"Wait, one more," he begged. I rolled my eyes and gave him one more kiss.

"Ok, now let's go."

"Everything ok?" Stormie asked as we both sat back down.

"Yea, we're fine. Sorry about that," I apologized.

"It's ok, sweetie. I probably shouldn't have asked."

"No, don't worry. It had to come out eventually," I reassured her.

---

After dinner, we all sat in the living room and talked. They got to know more about me, and I got to know more about Rocky's childhood. "You can't have a parent meeting without the baby pictures," Stormie laughed as she went to grab Rocky's baby book. She obviously just wanted to embarrass Rocky, but I was actually interested.

"Mom, please, no," Rocky begged as she walked out. "Dad, make her stop."

"Sorry, son. It's too late. There's no stopping her now," Mark laughed. Rocky groaned and leaned his head back against the couch, while I sat there giggling my heart out.

"Here we go," Stormie mumbled as she sat down next to me on the couch. Rocky hid his face in his hands, and I sat attentively. Stormie showed me the entire book, and there was no way to count how many times I said "aw". I just about died inside when I saw this one:

 I just about died inside when I saw this one:

"Oh my god, he's so cute," I squeaked out.

"Ok, Sky, that's enough," Rocky said as he blushed madly.

"No, you're so adorable," I laughed, placing a kiss on his cheek as he continued to die of embarrassment. This one wasn't a baby picture, but I still found it just as cute.

"Aw," I cooed

"Aw," I cooed. Rocky must've been about 14 in that picture.

"Mom, can we end this torture?" Rocky whined again.

"Ok, fine. Just stop your complaining, oh my stars," Stormie rolled her eyes.

"Yes! It's over!" he cheered dramatically.

"You're gonna send those to me, right?" I whispered in Stormie's ear.

"Of course," she whispered back. I turned back to Rocky, whose face was filled with so much relief.

"That wasn't so bad," I teased.

"It was awful," he whined like a little kid, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh, come on, baby. You were so cute," I cooed to him.

"Were?" he playfully glared at me.

"You're still cute," I giggled as I gave him a short kiss.

"You better remember it," he teased as he pulled me closer into his side. I nuzzled up to him, burrowing my face into his chest.

"You two are perfect for each other," Stormie said, taking me off guard. For a second, I had forgotten about our audience. "She's so much better than that Alexa girl."

"Mom, first baby pictures, now you're bringing up my ex. Are you trying to kill me?" Rocky groaned.

"I'm just saying, honey. She's a very pleasant girl. I approve." Her words made me blush, and I hid back in Rocky's chest.

"Thank you, Stormie," I mumbled shyly.

"No, thank you, Skylar. I can tell you make my son so happy." I blushed even harder at her words. Rocky tightened his grip on my shoulder, sending me a bright smile. I curled up to him once again, relishing in this amazing moment.

---

"I told you they'd love you," Rocky said for the millionth time as we walked through my front door.

"I heard you the first ten times, Rock," I giggled, hanging my keys on their designated hook.

"I'm just happy that things are going so well."

"Me too," I smiled brightly. Walking closer to him, I wrapped my arms around his neck. I had to slightly angle my head so I could see his eyes clearly. We both held bright smiles on our faces. "You know what else you were right about?"

"What's that?" he asked, his arms instinctively wrapping around my waist.

"Her food was to die for," I laughed as I remembered the delicious chicken and dumplings Stormie had made for the occasion.

"Well," he started as he pulled me closer to him. His mouth hovered a few inches away from mine before he spoke again. "If you stick around, there'll be plenty more where that came from."

"Like I wasn't going to stick around anyway," I smiled sarcastically. His eyes lit up slightly, right before he placed his lips on mine. I moved my lips against his, relishing in the way he tasted.

"God, I don't know what I'd do without you," he spoke lovingly against my lips. "Tell me you'll stay."

"I'll stay," I breathed out, pressing my lips to his again.

"Good."