9th Doctor X Reader - Sentient Water - Part II

You were trapped in a puddle. It was a very strange, rare feeling. Well, it's not every day that you meet sentient water, is it? Well, you supposed, with the Doctor, there's probably something similar, quite often in a week.
"Hello?" you asked. You had guessed, having been taken by the water, you would meet something sentient that would actually speak to you.
"Hello," said a hot, female voice all around you.
"Are you a puddle?" you asked.
"Well done, (y/n), you're so observant," she replied, sarcastically.
"Perfect. I'm being sassed by a puddle that eavesdropped and heard my name. What a perfect continuation to my totally normal day." You smiled, feeling rather smug. If she wanted to sass you, she had to expect some sass in return.
"I like you, (y/n)," she said. You assumed that if you could see her, she would be smiling. "The others didn't understand sarcasm."
"Wait. Wait, wait, wait. How long have you known about sarcasm?"
"I thought you were going to ask about the others."
"Nah. You're a sentient puddle that just took me, of course there were others. Me, who only arrived here a little while ago."
"Wait, you haven't always been here?"
"Nope, I arrived with the Doctor."
"Oh, that's cool."
"So, sentient water, do you have a name?"
"I'm Alyssa."
"Nice to meet you, Alyssa, you already know my name. It's a shame that I can't see you. I bet you look as hot as you sound."
"You're flirting with me."
"Believe me, if I was told this morning that I would be flirting with sentient water before the end of the day, I wouldn't have believed it. Although,..."
"What?" she asked. "What's up?"
"I have a few questions."
"Oh, okay. Why?"
"It's quite funny, really. You see, in my universe, I wrote about the Doctor having an adventure with sentient water."
"Oh, coo... Wait, your universe?"
"Yeah, I'm from a different universe, where the Doctor is a character on a TV series. The Doctor out there is my Doctor."
"He belongs to you?"
"No, he's the first incarnation of the Doctor that I saw... And I fell in love with him."
"Incarnation?"
"Yeah, he's a Time Lord..."
"Oh, I understand."
"So, what about you? Any cool abilities?"
"Well, I don't really think it's that cool, but we can telepathically communicate with other puddles in a mile radius of ourselves."
"Oh, that is so cool!"
"Wait, do your people not have this?"
"Not in my universe, definitely. Although, sometimes, with really good friends, it sometimes feels like we can communicate telepathically. How about when you've taken someone? Anything cool you can do with that?"
"Well, because of the communication, I guess you would be able to move to puddles within a mile radius of me."
"Oh, cool!" You checked yourself over. "How come I'm not missing anything?"
"Well, the actual consummation doesn't take that long. But, if you don't struggle, we talk to you about stuff. Like what we're doing. But, if you struggle, we can tell that you don't like this, so we put you out of your misery..."
"Oh. So, you're being kind? To the people who are obviously scared?"
"Yeah. Of course we are kind. We're not Daleks."
You smiled. "I'm glad that isn't just an insult that my friends use. Do you... Do you have any non-puddle appearances?"
"Well, they're all water-made, obviously, but yeah. We aren't naturally puddles."
"I wish I could have seen your natural appearance before my end."
"Wait... What's the Time Lord doing?... Finding a way to get her back?... No, let him... Yes, let him... I like her. Sorry, (y/n), one of my commanders. He found the Doctor trying to get you back. He can't move, of course, but he wanted to do something."
"He's actually trying to get me?"
"Well, yeah. That was your plan, wasn't it?"
"I was just trying to sound confident and not let him cry."
"So... You had no idea?"
"About what?"
"Only the puddle that consumes can be the puddle to release."
"Wait, so you can free me?"
"Yeah. And, if I do, you can see my real appearance."
"Will you? Free me, that is."
"I could... I like you, (y/n)."
"Well, I like you, too, cool dude," you replied, smiling.
"I see what you did there!" she laughed. "Cool dude!"
"So...?" you started to ask.
"I'm waiting for your Doctor to be near enough," she explained, before you could even finish your thought.
"He's not... I mean, well, I think of him as... But he would never... Me? Psshh!" you flustered. You felt overwhelmingly embarrassed. One moment you were gushing to this hot-sounding, sentient puddle about him being your Doctor. The next, you were flustering at the slightest mention of a relationship and denying your hopes that he liked you in that way.
You heard a hum of beautiful, harmonised laughter and could immediately tell that, if you could see Alyssa, she would be smiling again. "You're so funny, (y/n)," she giggled. "One minute you blush and talk about him non-stop; the next minute, you try to insist that there's nothing happening between the two of you."
You went to protest, but - of course - Alyssa carried on speaking.
"Don't forget, honey, I was there when he kissed you." You felt that, if you could see her properly, Alyssa would be trying to glare at you, but finding it very difficult due to the hilarity of the situation. "Honey, you're like a yo-yo. You keep bouncing between different thoughts. The first thing you properly said to me was that I sounded hot. Then you moved the conversation to the Time Lord, the Doctor. Then, as soon as I suggest that you really like him, you try to deny it, after telling me for yourself that you fell in love with him. You are one funny little puddle."
You weren't planning on replying. Until she called you a funny little puddle. You weren't a puddle at all. "I'll have you know that my species are barely more than 70% water, thank you very much. And I'm not actually that little. I'm 5'6-and-a-half", for your information! I'm much taller than Martin Freeman!"
She just laughed. Then, suddenly, she stopped laughing and wouldn't speak. "Shh," she whispered, at one point, "I'm concentrating."
When you were finally about to ask what was happening, she spoke to you again. When she spoke, you let out a breath that you didn't know that you were holding. "He's close enough. I can let you go. I won't be long."
"Alyssa?" you asked. She made a non-committal noise to show that she was listening. "Will I be able to remember what happened down here?" She mumbled something that you didn't hear. "Alyssa?"
"No. Not unless the information is shared with you afterwards. But people don't generally want to know. So most of us have never had to share the information before..."
"Will you share it with me though, friend?" you asked. "I don't want to forget meeting you, Alyssa." You got the impression that she was glad that you couldn't see her at that point.
She laughed bitterly for a couple of seconds. "You made me cry, silly 70% water creature." You smiled. She had listened to your rant. "I'm gonna share everything that happened here with you and I'm gonna hug you as soon as I have let you out."
"You don't need to tell me, when you've done it..." you muttered, not even trying to regulate your voice. "It's not like we're saying goodbye... More like, hello again. Really..."
"See you on the other side, (y/n)," Alyssa whispered to you, immediately before everything went blank.

"... (y/n), you're okay!" the Doctor cheered as he saw your eyelids flutter. As soon as you opened your eyes, you remembered everything that had happened before and during your visit with Alyssa the sentient water.
Sat a little way away from you and the Doctor was a woman with aqua skin. She had the most beautiful jade hair and her eyes... Her eyes shimmered between seafoam green and arctic blue. She was the most beautiful humanoid being you had ever seen. She was wearing what appeared to be an army outfit.
When she saw you were awake, she looked elated. "(y/n)!" she called ​to you, standing up.
"Hi. I guess this is what you look like then, Alyssa," you replied, smiling tiredly.
"I'm sorry if you feel tired, it does tend to take it out of you a bit. Especially the first time."
You laughed. "I'm not doing that again."
Finally, the Doctor spoke to you. "Don't worry, (y/n), no one's gonna force you to do anything." That was when you noticed where the Doctor was. He was sat behind you, hugging you. Holding you. As if, before you woke up, you had almost died.
"Umm, morning, Doctor," you muttered, your cheeks starting to turn a light shade of rose. From where she was stood, you saw Alyssa start to smile, mischievously. "Why is Alyssa over there?"
The Doctor remained silent. There was only one thing that you knew of that would make him act like that, in this incarnation, before Rose. Then, you saw it. Alyssa, the sentient water being, who you had met as a puddle, had a gun. And quite a big gun, too.
"Alyssa, come over here," you said, regardless.
"I... I don't wanna anger the Doctor. Our people know exactly what happens if you do."
"Well, leave your gun over there, then," you replied. "Can't I have a hug​ with my friend?" She smiled at the word friend and put her gun on the ground. You insisted that the Doctor helped you stand up as Alyssa walked over to you.
By the time Alyssa reached you, you were just about standing by yourself. She pulled you into a hug, just before you collapsed, meaning that she was holding you up. "Thank you," she whispered to you. She made a slight gasp, then pull away from the hug.
"Alyssa?" you asked, as the two of you pulled away. Your legs were still weak, so you were barely upright. You looked at her. A flower of strawberry blossomed in her belly.
She reached out for your arms and you grabbed her, in that moment completely forgetting about your problems. Your legs gave way and the two of you went crashing to the floor. You saw, behind her, what must have been one of her commanders. She reached up, using up whatever energy she had left, and stroked her hand against your cheek.
In return, you held her against you. You looked at the Doctor as the being fled. "Do something," you whispered. He looked at her, obviously feeling bad that he had misjudged her. "Doctor!" you shouted at him. "Help," your voice trailed off and cracked.
He knelt down before the two of you and held up his TARDIS key. The key started to glow yellow - a really, really bright, hot yellow - and you barely saw the TARDIS form around the three of you. By the time the ship had finished forming, you and Alyssa were on the ramp leading from the door to the control console. The Doctor was already at the console and was hurrying to find something for Alyssa.
The strawberry colour that was blossoming seemed to grow slower since the TARDIS had appeared around you. "Doctor, why is it slower?" you asked, making a point of not saying what 'it' was, to avoid jinxing it.
"The TARDIS is slowing the process down. While no one can fire a weapon or kill someone while they're in here," the Doctor replied, "the Old Girl can't completely heal it on her own. So I'm finding something that will help her to."
You hugged Alyssa close and whispered words of reassurance to her. The Doctor returned to the two of you and knelt down beside Alyssa.
"Don't worry, Alyssa. You won't die today," he told her. Then, he lifted her up out of your arms and sat her on the seats by the console.
Her complexion had paled dramatically from her usual aqua, already. You just stayed sat where you were, confused by the Doctor's sudden movement. You could see in her eyes that she doubted that she would see the sun of any planet again, but the Doctor remained obstinate, after being so dismissive of her before you woke up.

A/N ~ Thanks to everyone for reading my ramblings. I'm on holiday at the moment and the only place with WiFi is the club, so I'm currently hiding away with a Lemonade to type this. Hope you are all having great holidays and thanks again for reading!