Castiel X Reader - Hush, My Angel

(I'm using an AU where Crowley isn't locked up in the bunker for the purpose of this X Reader.)
Castiel was an angel. No, he was
literally an angel. Which made your feelings for him very awkward. Especially with you being a demon. You were the Heir of Hell, too, which made everything worse. Being the Heir of Hell didn't mean that you were Crowley's offspring, but you were his Heir. His insurance that he controlled who ruled after him, if you will. It was by far the worst job you'd ever had to do as a demon. And this included torture, which wasn't your forte. You had to go on trips around Hell to make sure that there were no rebellions starting. You had to drop in on demons above ground, to make sure they were content. This part you preferred to the other parts. Technically, it was how you'd met Castiel.

You first met him after he'd had his grace taken away, so he was only a human. But still, you wouldn't have dared to try anything against him. For a start, he had the Winchesters watching his back, didn't he?
Plus, you'd heard rumours - you tried to assume that they were just that - that if a demon tried to do anything to an angel whether they had their grace or not, there was some sort of special reflex they had that could close a gate to Hell, if they were close enough to one. It hadn't been something that you'd wanted to risk.
So you went on with your duties for the day and informed Crowley once you had returned to Hell.
"How in Hell is that angel still alive?!" he exclaimed, once you'd told him.
"Well, to be fair, is has lost his grace. Otherwise he would have made me and we wouldn't be talking now," you replied, your patience with your leader wearing thin. You had more leeway with him, being his heir, but he could still be a tad annoying.

*Le time skip*
Again, you were checking up on a demon topside, when you saw him again. You knew as soon as he looked at you that he had made you. 'So he's an angel again, I guess,' you thought as he approached.
He was attempting to be stealthy and not let you make him, which you had already done. You were just glad that you had already met with and ensured the safety of the demon that you were supposed to be checking up on.
When he was close enough, you whispered, "Hello. I'm guessing that you are Castiel."
"You are a demon," he whispered in reply.
"Correct. I'm afraid you didn't succeed in trying to stop me from making you. I saw you a mile off."
"You saw me..." he started to exclaim.
"Shh. From a mile away, yes. It's hard not to. There are angelic auras flashing everywhere. You learn to recognise an angel's shine pretty quickly, these days."
"Just who are you?" he asked, in awe.
"I'm (y/n), the Heir of Hell. Crowley's Heir," you replied with a smirk.
"What does he want now?" the angel sighed.
"I doubt that Crowley is thinking of you, honey," you explained. "He is the King of Hell, after all."
"Why are you continuing this conversation, then? You could leave at any time." For an angel of the Lord, he sure didn't sound confident about any of his statements, apart from that you were a demon.
"You have been here twice in a row when I've been running an errand here in the past two weeks. Last time you had a very distinctly human aura. Now, you are an angel again. You would be sticking around too, if you were in my position." 'Why did I tell him that?' you thought, as soon as you stopped talking.
"So you're here every week, are you?" he asked, smiling. Though, it wasn't like with other angels. They would bare their teeth, more than smile. His seemed kinder.
"Will you be?" you replied, catching yourself - and him - off guard. You tried to play it down as a casual question, but your eyes gave you away, as with many other things.
"If you want me to be," he replied, smiling kindly again. You nodded. "See you around then, (y/n)."