Chapter 6

Beth watched as Daryl slept next to her, yesterday had been interesting. She had learned what the Dixon family went through to survive and she couldn't help but feel hatred for Michael, a man she had never met and was hopeful she never will. She had also learned that Merle wasn't a terrible guy but actually a joker. He had some jokes that even made Beth laugh.

Beth was beginning to care for the Dixon's family and that made her feel bad. She felt bad because she had judged them before she had even got their side of the story. Beth was beginning to realize that the Dixon family were people who just wanted to be free from a tyrant father. She could understand that because her own father has been trying to plan her life since she was born. Maggie had disappointed him because she got married right out of high school instead of going to college. Herschel moved his focus to Beth and Beth hated it, that's why she slept over at Maggie's every night. She wanted to be free and maybe Daryl Dixon was the way to freedom.

Beth reached over and moved a strand of Daryl's hair from his face and as she pulled away he grabbed her hand and kissed it. Daryl had left her wrists free from chains but the chains on her feet remain.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" He asked.

"Couldn't sleep, go back to sleep" she said. He ignored her demand and moved closer to her.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked.

"I was thinking that I wished I could beat your father." She said taking his hand. He stayed silent and stared at her.

"I wouldn't let him near you." He said.

"Same here" she said.

"So my mother told you everything huh?" He said.

"Yup" she said.

"And you don't hate us?" He asked making Beth frown.

"Why would I hate you guys?" Beth asked.

"Because we didn't grow up normal." He said.

"I didn't grow up normal, I grew up with a mother who died when I was a toddler, a half sister who is like my best friend and a disappointment to my dad and a dad who tried to turn me into an all-american girl." She said. "I may have never gotten beat but I didn't grow up normal and I don't care if you didn't either, normal is overrated." Daryl smirked then leaned over and gave her a quick kiss.

"I'm glad that you aren't an all- american girl." He said.

"Same here" she said. Daryl turned to look at the clock and groaned when he saw the time. It was almost ten o'clock and that meant it was time to get up.

"I don't want to get up, I want to stay here with you." He said.

"Then stay, we could watch tv or you could teach me how to kiss." She said wickedly. Daryl groaned and pushed her on her back, she giggled as he rolled on top of her. He leaned down to kiss her but changed his mind and went for her neck. Beth turned her neck to give him better access. He kissed, sucked and licked her neck making Beth whimper and moan.

"Hey you two, stop fucking and come get breakfast." Merle said through the door.

"Merle, shut the hell up!!" Beth yelled. The outside of the room went quiet and  Beth felt Daryl's body shake and realized he was laughing.

"She got some balls Daryl." Merle said then his footsteps were heard leaving. Daryl lifted his head and smiled down at her.

"She sure does" he said then gave her a quick kiss before rolling off her. Beth sat up and watched as the half naked Daryl got out of bed and grabbed the key from the drawer and then unchained the chain on Beth's legs. Beth remember something that made her laugh making Daryl raise his eyebrows in question.

"Let's just say my sister was a very adventurous lady." Beth said. Daryl looked down at the chains then back up making Beth laugh as she stood.

"I never said I was a virgin of the ears." She said walking towards the door. Daryl growled and grabbed her, turning her over and pushing her up against the door. He kissed her like his life depended on it and she kissed him back the same. Daryl thrust his tongue into her mouth and tasted her making her moan. Bagging on the door made them jump apart.

"Daryl Dixon, you step away from that girl right now young man." Sarah's voice said loud and clear.

"Mom, if I want to debauch her I can in the privacy of my own room." Daryl said smiling. Beth put her hand over her mouth to keep from laughing. 

"Not in my house, over my dead body." She said. Beth moved away from the door as Daryl opened it then she started laughing. Sarah glared at Daryl who was trying not to laugh but failing.

"Get your red neck ass showered and dressed and to the table this instant." She then turned her gaze to Beth who was now trying to stop laughing.

"You missy, go eat and you can shower after breakfast."

"Yes ma'am" Beth said walking past Sarah.

"And don't call me ma'am." She said.

"Yes Sarah" Beth said walking down the hall and into the kitchen. She saw a smug Merle sitting at the table and as Beth passed she smacked him on the head.

"Ouch, what the hell was that for?" He asked.

"You know what you did lumberjack." Beth said taking a seat where a plate of food was sitting.

"Better watch yourself princess." He said.

"Or what plumber?" She said teasingly.

"Or this syrup is going on your head." He said.

"Oh hell no it's not, this is my last jar or syrup." Sarah said walking in. Beth smirked at Merle before she started eating.

"This isn't over twinkle toes" he whispered.

"Bring it old man" Beth whispered back.

"Enough you two" Sarah said washing dishes. Beth stuck her tongue at Merle who did the same back. Daryl walked in a few minutes later freshly showered and dressed. He sat down next to Beth then leaned over and kissed her cheek. Merle gagged receiving a glare from Daryl. Merle turned on the t.v. and the news was on.

"Police are still look for eighteen year old Beth Greene, she was last seen at a chinese restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia. If any-" the news reporter was saying when Beth grabbed the remote and turned the t.v. off. They all stared at her in surprise.